Talk

Advanced search

Angry children

(4 Posts)
clareabelle Sun 10-Apr-16 21:00:53

I separated from my husband a year ago. He decided he was unhappy, detached and eventually left (I suspect he was having an affair).

I have 100% done my best for my 2 kids. I haven't bad mouthed him, I haven't cried or argued, in fact I've been incredibly calm and even quite positive, we've done nice stuff together and I've tried to be open with them. The problem I've got is that my sensitive 11 year old is still hopeful that his dad will come home. I've explained that's not going to happen, and always try to be positive, but tonight, after a cuddle and a chat when I put him to bed he told me he didn't love me!

I know he doesn't mean it and is just lashing out, but boy does it hurt.

Any advice please, anyone been in this situation? I feel so lonely!

alicemalice Sun 10-Apr-16 21:03:45

Oh no.

The thing is he's lashing out and your the nearest person. But you know he loves you to death. Can you try to just see it as he's taking out his hurt on you?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 10-Apr-16 22:04:28

You are his 'safe person' he can say anything to you and you will stay. His Dad has proved himself to be not so reliable.
What actually finally settled my DD was moving house, there were then no memories in our home of her Dad and she was truly able to settle to her new life.

clareabelle Sun 10-Apr-16 22:45:29

Thank you. It's reassuring to hear. I know it's true, but it's still difficult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now