Talk

Advanced search

Why do I always feel inadequate?

(5 Posts)
frog51 Tue 05-Apr-16 23:36:10

My three teenage kids are my world. Since their dad disappeared it's just been us, and we have somehow survived through some incredibly tough times. Everyone tells me how great my kids are but I always feel I am never quite as good as other mums. I hate housework ( I would rather listen to music after a long day at work), my cooking skills are dodgy and we live in a small shabby damp house which I rent privately. Their friend's mums are so capable,and successful I just feel like crap most days. Is this normal or not?

TeatimeForTheSoul Tue 05-Apr-16 23:52:33

You already sound amazing to me frog51 ... bringing up 3 teenagers so well that others admire them, hating housework (that's completely normal in my book), feeding and housing them.
None of us are perfect and we tend to hide our difficulties behind closed doors. All any of us can hope for is good enough. Seeing as you've raised 3 'great kids' alone, all that credit goes to you (and them).

OK, I'm a bit biased as me & 2 siblings were raised by our single mum. House was always messy, money always tight, and rather qwerky, but she was, and is, a flipping AMAZING mum!!!!

Claraoswald36 Wed 06-Apr-16 08:14:34

You sound like someone I would get on with grin

frog51 Wed 06-Apr-16 13:14:26

Thanks Teatime and Clara. Two complete strangers, yet you have made my day smile

starry0ne Wed 06-Apr-16 14:53:13

Who likes housework? I do prefer it with loud music..I just like the results...

But ultimately a teenager that are admired takes more work..

Also I would also add..All these people who seem together also have their bad days their inadequacies they just don't necessarily share them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now