Talk

Advanced search

Tomorrow

(10 Posts)
FindMyHappyPlace Sat 05-Mar-16 16:19:32

First time alone for this....ds (3) is with his dad today but I'm sure he won't bother to send him home with a card.....at least nursery made one wth ds sad

starry0ne Sat 05-Mar-16 17:34:53

My DS went on contact on mothers day once.. I got bought a bar of chocolate by that I mean a standard bar...

Just bear in mind it isn't about the gifts it is about recognising it... Celebrate motherhood.
flowers

Liberated71 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:43:44

I know what you mean. I've been a single mum for almost 3 years. I always sort out Fathers Day from the children but of course it's never reciprocated. My mum makes sure my boys "remember" which is lovely. I also treat myself - this year I'm sending the ironing out to be done!
Try to find something good in the day - a special hug, a nice smile - and cherish the nursery made card X brewthanks

BibbidiBobbidiBoo1 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:51:11

This is my third Mother's Day alone - my first was when dd's dad decided to tell me he was leaving us, had handed the notice in on the house and that he'd been having two affairs.
No nursery card from dd, which is a little disappointing. But, after having plans cancelled for tomorrow we will go and see my mum and thank her for being there for us.

I will otherwise treat it as a normal day and just carry on.

We all do amazing jobs, and we have the best gift already just by being mums thanks all round

FindMyHappyPlace Sat 05-Mar-16 18:58:27

I really shouldn't complain, I never got gifts so it's not about that. It's just its my first....I fact today was the first day for contact. I hate not knowing what my son has been doing. He told me a bit but I guess I need to let go

charlybear7 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:33:54

My ex hasn't bothered to get anything from my 2 small boys. How he can live with himself after everything he put us through last year I'll never understand!

I've bought myself a pair of trail running shoes and I'll spend the day being thankful I'm mummy to amazing, healthy boys x

ittooshallpass Sat 05-Mar-16 23:39:25

4th mothers day alone. 4th year with no acknowledgement. No matter how many times I tell myself it's just commercial nonsense, it still hurts.

Happy mothers day to all the single mums who do it all and won't get even a card...

BibbidiBobbidiBoo1 Sun 06-Mar-16 08:07:18

thanks
Happy Mother's Day - you are all amazing thanks

Oldladyfish Sun 06-Mar-16 16:52:15

Happy mothers day all. Hope you've managed to treat yourself to something lovely, even if your DCs are too young or just forgot. My own lovely DD has treated me to a homemade card from nursery and then a glass of water poured into my laptop. Swings and roundabouts really (-:

Thinking of you all who have dads having contact days today xxx

ittooshallpass Sun 06-Mar-16 21:01:29

My DD is with her dad today, but as her birthday is coming up I've had a lovely time in the toy shop picking her presents...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now