Talk

Advanced search

moving dd from scotland to england

(8 Posts)
buddhasbelly Sat 05-Mar-16 07:35:46

Hi all - I'm in the process of speaking with my solicitor but this is at the forefront of my mind right now so would appreciate any advice.

I'm currently looking at moving from the north of Scotland to the south of England to move in with my partner. I have one dd (2). Exp does have a court order in place to gain access to dd but has an injunction stopping him from contacting me, going into my street or approaching me due to repeated abuse and being in possession of a weapon at my door - the court case for this is currently pending.

Despite having a court order to see his dd, as he cannot approach me, he has made no further attempts to eg utilise a contact centre to maintain contact and as such hasn't paid for nor seen his dd since September last year.

I'm aware he needs to give his permission for me to move but is unlikely he would do so. My reasons for moving are not to get away from him; they are to be with my dp who cannot move due to helping to care for is dm who isn't well - him moving isn't really an option and my job prospects to where I'd be moving to with dd would be far better (currently on a p/t contract with no hope of increase of hours). If I apply to the courts and have a job lined up etc do you think my chances of them agreeing to the move would be high?

Many thanks for any thoughts

buddhasbelly Sat 05-Mar-16 07:38:18

would also add me and dp have just got engaged so it's not a short lived thing

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 05-Mar-16 07:39:25

I'd say you really really need to seek legal advice on this one

buddhasbelly Sat 05-Mar-16 07:46:11

thanks Norfolk - awaiting reply from my solicitor (who happens to be on annual leave at the moment) so just a bit anxious.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 05-Mar-16 10:39:04

Of course, it's really tough it really really is.

I'd love to go back to Ireland, currently live near Brighton. Ex won't let me. Despite it currently taking us a 6 hour round trip drive for contact. I'd love near cork airport and he lives near Luton! It would actually be quicker.

Never mind eh!

buddhasbelly Sat 05-Mar-16 11:04:05

Thing is I don't think he actually bother applying for an order to stop me moving - he's talked himself into that I'm stopping him see her - not that he was a complete psycho and probably shouldn't have appeared with knives at my door if he wasn't prepared to pay the consequences - it's actually the police that are petitioning the case to go to the high court so he may well end up inside before long anyway!

I've been applying for jobs so that I could (if needed) show the court I have a job to move to (just need to be successful in one of the many applications I've been sending out!)

Thanks again smile

HappyHedgehog247 Sun 20-Mar-16 10:39:34

Hello. I'm going through the courts to try and get a relocation to be back with my family at the moment. It's all on the welfare checklist of the child so you need to show how it benefits them. You and DP are irrelevant in a way. Did you get some legal advice? Maybe your ex would agree if you offer holiday contact? Not sure if this is safe for your DC?

HappyHedgehog247 Sun 20-Mar-16 10:41:04

Did you consider just going? No solicitor can or will advise you to do this as they can't. How likely is it your ex would take you to court? How likely is it a judge would order you back given the circs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now