Talk

Advanced search

Mothers Day gift ideas advert

(9 Posts)
ittooshallpass Mon 29-Feb-16 06:30:33

Am I the only one who thinks the Mothers Day gift ideas advert appearing in the lone parents section is a little...well, insensitive?

I never get a thing for mothers day... DD is too young to do anything herself and EX wouldn't dream of doing anything for me.

I know it's all been blown out of proportion by Hallmark & Co., but I really don't need the advert on my safe haven pages, lol...

Oldladyfish Mon 29-Feb-16 08:44:43

I hadn't seen this advert, but i agree it's not the best! So many people i know really struggle with mothers' day: i have lots of childless friends, a number have lost their mums and then there's us: the single mums of tinies, for whom it's just another day.

Sending you a squeeze.

I'm going to start a petition to ban mothers day: i think it causes more distress than pleasure!

xx

LineyReborn Mon 29-Feb-16 08:46:28

I can see the advert there now, at the top of this page. I'm on the mobile site.

Oldladyfish Mon 29-Feb-16 08:50:07

i still can't see it (thank goodness). maybe i'm being given blessed respite! i think i might buy myself some flowers on sunday (-:

LineyReborn Mon 29-Feb-16 08:52:25

It's at the top of my page, immediately underneath the heading "> Talk > Lone Parents"

Oldladyfish Mon 29-Feb-16 08:56:00

just remembered i have ad-blocking software. doh!

starry0ne Mon 29-Feb-16 21:46:49

Its not on mine ..I have a brother ad...

I don't think it is insensitive though.. You are a mum and should celebrate it on Sunday...

My Ds was let loose in card factory and I had to stand by the door while he shopped in secret... But many years he didn't...He went to contact with his Dad ( 2 hours a fortnight) and Dad gave me a chocolate bar...A normal size bar... I gave it my DS to eat.

You do a really tough job.... Celebrate it... As soon as little one's are old enough for nursery they will be making something.
flowers

Flowerpower41 Fri 04-Mar-16 06:57:48

We go out for a cheap lunch just me and ds and I make sure he signs a card. He is ten and so far I have bought it myself but next year will make sure he sorts it out alone!

I don't think it is a day we should just ignore.

megletthesecond Sat 05-Mar-16 10:32:22

I've got a gutter clean & repair ad hmm.

I'm taking the dc's to a restaurant of my choice tomorrow. Grandma supervised card buying but we're on our own tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now