Talk

Advanced search

Ex leaving the country

(10 Posts)
onanotherday Fri 12-Feb-16 08:33:11

Just that really. Told kids he needs to start a new life...great I'll just solider on!! He contributes nothing and rarely sees kids so not really a big deal. However had a history MH, DV,EA...and is telling kids theu are going to stay with him. Am worried about sending them alone with passports.... aged 10 & 12. AIBU?

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 12-Feb-16 16:24:07

Is he moving to a country that has signed up to the Haig treaty if not then I would it be letting them go.
How does he plan to fund, organise the trips to him?
Or do you think he is just going to check out of their lives?

OzzieFem Fri 12-Feb-16 19:29:57

I would get a double check on that ....stay with him... does he mean visit or does he think they are going to stay with him as living permanently?

Fourormore Fri 12-Feb-16 19:31:11

I wouldn't send them alone - I'd make him come and fetch them and return them.

OzzieFem Fri 12-Feb-16 19:31:13

Oops. Forgot to ask, does he have joint custody or just visiting rights?

starry0ne Sat 13-Feb-16 17:42:19

I wouldn't be sending my child abroad with someone he rarely see's and doesn't support..He can get on a plane and come visit them

VimFuego101 Sat 13-Feb-16 17:43:29

Where is he moving to?

gamerchick Sat 13-Feb-16 17:47:21

I wouldn't worry about that atm, he's likely all talk and it won't happen anyway.

I wish my ex would piss off abroad..

ittooshallpass Sun 21-Feb-16 08:25:09

I'd be on the pier with the band, waving him off with high-leg kicks and pom poms!

He wants to see kids? Come and visit.
No chance would my kids be going anywhere...

Toffeelatteplease Sun 21-Feb-16 08:27:28

No chance would I be handing over the children and passports. If he wants to see them he comes to uk to do so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now