Talk

Advanced search

Maintenance advice?

(6 Posts)
leannarose5 Thu 17-Dec-15 16:27:40

As a newly single mum I was wondering if anyone could help.

Ex and I split up and I moved out in September. Keeps offering to 'help out' but still haven't received anything. But he keeps saying he will.

I essentially want to lay it all on the table of what he needs to pay and if he doesn't then it's CMS time, but would like to avoid a £20 fee if possible.

I've done the calculator but a friend said, as he earns through bonus too, that he should be paying a percentage of any bonus. Is that true? If so, how much?

If anyone has any other advice id be mega grateful. Thanks.

Fourormore Thu 17-Dec-15 20:35:23

CMS calculate based on yearly gross taxable income. 12% for one child, 16% for two, 19% for three, if I remember correctly. They also don't backdate, so I wouldn't wait. He must earn a fair amount if he gets a bonus so the £20 fee is worth it if you are then receiving regular monthly maintenance.

starry0ne Thu 17-Dec-15 23:13:21

You can ring CMS for advice..

I would tell him you want a payment of what you have worked out next visit or you will start a CMS claim..

You can update onwards once you have the info but at least you will get some money over Christmas

Sunbeam1112 Fri 18-Dec-15 10:30:41

He has to pay the 20pounds fee as he is the payee. I dont think you have to pay as the receipt. Unless they changed it again. CSA is definately the way to go and is worked out for you.

leannarose5 Fri 18-Dec-15 13:37:34

You are probably all right! i guess I was just hoping for the most amicable solution but I suppose if I call them then I know I've got that security of if he refuses to pay.

Only thing with his bonuses is they vary, and not sure if he always gets them. Don't know whether they'd be able to work that out but I wouldn't trust him to tell me as he never used to tell me he got bonuses when we lived together!

Not sure about the application fee sunbeam, I spoke to child maintenance options I think they're called? Who just said its £20. I think he pays the fees for if they have to take it out of his wages.

PainAuChocolat23 Sat 19-Dec-15 21:28:22

I had to pay the £20 when i opened my case with cms. Its to cover the tracing of the other parent. And its not backdated as such but arrears are accumulated and must also be paid along with ongoing maintenance. My ex isnt liking this but tough he has to pay it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now