Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Newly single parent

(2 Posts)
bartam Sun 06-Dec-15 04:44:32

I posted on Mumsnet a few weeks back after my husband threw me (currently 34 weeks pregnant) and our 2 year old son out. Another woman has been involved and i think she still is. I have seen photos, messages and her underwear on his bedroom floor yet he still denies it????? Really?????

My main concern is my 2 year old little boy. He is so confused as to what is going on and is acting out. He used to be such a happy little boy that didn't really cry but now he is really clingy towards me, throws temper tantrums and lashes out if he isn't getting attention. He goes to his dad's twice a week to stay over but going back into a house that has changed and doesn't have me there is hard on him. He just isn't himself. I try to spend as much time as I can with him but it's hard when pregnant as I'm tired a lot. I am worried that when the baby comes things are going to take a turn for the worst so I want to get him back on track before then. I am currently living back at my parents house so I can get help when the baby comes but I will be moving out in March (again another upheaval for him). I do try to stick to his routine but Nan wants to help out (which I do appreciate) but things then aren't the same for him. The house is also really busy with visitors and my mum babysits her other grandkids so I rarely get anytime with him one-on-one.

I just find these men so selfish that they put sex before everything else including their kids! Why should innocent children and wives suffer so they can get their egos boosted by these woman with no morals? It's selfishness to the highest degree!

Sorry rant over! I am just looking for advice on how to help my boy cope better.

Ekorre Sun 06-Dec-15 11:20:45

Sorry to hear all you have been through.

He will settle down with time. Yes the new baby and moving house will be big changes but what can you do? Its going to happen and you will cope. Just do your best and look after yourself too.

Bedtime is a really good time to get close one on one. Make time to snuggle up, read stories, sing christmas songs, chat about the day just the two of you. Even if he only sits still for a few minutes, doing it every night it will give him that sense of security.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now