Talk

Advanced search

Christmas... What do you do while DC with their father?

(9 Posts)
YesNoMaybeSo1234 Sun 01-Nov-15 18:32:45

Just that really.

Posted a few days ago about arrangements for Christmas as this will be first Christmas that DC father and I have split. We have arranged that DC will go to father's for half of Christmas Day until morning of 27th.. Just wondering what you do when you have all that time?! If you don't have family to visit?

lighteningirl Sun 01-Nov-15 20:41:49

I used to watch Gone with the Wind and drink champagne and eat chocolate if it was Christmas evening or Boxing Day alone.. Christmas eve/morning without them only happened once he didn't bring them home til 2.30 it was too distressing so never happened again (agreement was 12 o clock return).

enderwoman Sun 01-Nov-15 20:55:40

I watch Dr Who then go to sleep early since the kids have woken me at crazy o'clock.

HolgerDanske Sun 01-Nov-15 20:57:30

Yes I used to just have a cosy, relaxing time by myself. Telly, treats, bath and a book. It's lovely to have time to just be.

AliceInUnderpants Sun 01-Nov-15 21:20:27

My ex isn't interested in having the kids for Xmas Day (thankfully as he's not getting them wink) but has them from Boxing Day morning until tea time on 27th. I do what I do every time he has them, sit on my arse with my feet up

starlight2007 Tue 03-Nov-15 23:19:32

My Ex has never spent xmas with Ds and now doesn't see him..Enjoy your morning.. and relax in the afternoon..Do the grown up relaxation things

moveon Fri 06-Nov-15 22:33:26

Volunteering at a homeless shelter.

whatdoIget Fri 06-Nov-15 22:35:12

Going out to get drunk smile

MarkRuffaloCrumble Fri 06-Nov-15 22:37:25

Perfect time for eating whatever you like, watching whatever you like, not feeling guilty for sitting down instead of working and you can't even go shopping, so it's true relaxation.

I comment in all these threads (so I hope you're not all bored of hearing it!) that Christmas is a season not just a day. Whether it's the 21st, 25th or 27th, it's just a day. The really special times are whenever you choose to make them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now