Talk

Advanced search

Do I leave my partener

(6 Posts)
2m2g2r2t Thu 29-Oct-15 20:21:34

hi. I've been in a 10 yr relationship. at first it was brilliant but then we had kids. by the time we got to our 3rd things between me and my partner are unexplainable. there's no violence but we constantly argue. he says some terrible things to me from I'm lazy, which isn't the case, to he hates me to actually f off and die. this is every second were together until the kids go to bed. then we just don't speak. unfortunately I retaliate wiv vile words bak and beg 4 him to do this without the kids around but he just ignore me. the kids love him 2 bits and constantly ask where he is and wot time he's home. all 3 kids are under 6 and my question is should I leave him and b a singlr mother of 3 or just simple put up wiv his horrible tounge. my kids shout a lot and are quite aggressive towards each other and I just don't no what to do 4 the best. I can't b the only 1 in this situation can any advise me pls. I've no network of support and my partner help very little. I'm a single mother as it is. well that's how it feels.

TheHouseOnTheLane Fri 30-Oct-15 01:22:34

flowers Of course you must leave him. The damage he's doing to you AND to the kids by talking like that is terrible. If you get out now while they're so young they will be fine but if they grow up listening to this they will be affected.

cestlavielife Fri 30-Oct-15 13:04:46

the kids are asking when he comes home as they are scared/fearful and want to know when they have to change their behaviour etc. they dont love him to bits. they are scared. of course, he is the only dad they know but change your mindset, talk to someone and get some real life advice. speak to your gp or hv.

or when he is with the dc, is he all loving and nice? you said yourself he screams at you in front of them . do you want them to think that is ok?

NZmonkey Fri 30-Oct-15 17:27:24

I just read your other post as well. You poor thing it sounds horrible for you and your DCs. You shouldn't have to put up with someone treating you like this. And your DCs shouldn't have to see it. Check out the relationships board there is a very good post that's always at the top that you might find worth a read if you haven't seen it already. There are also lots of posts from others in similar situations.

Good luck, you and your clidren deserve better than this flowers

Flowerpower41 Sat 31-Oct-15 06:03:12

Get out and get rid. Good luck op. It would appear that having children brings out the best in women whereas quite often it brings out the absolute worst in men .....

Sad but quite true I am afraid .....

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 31-Oct-15 06:15:12

Yes of course you should leave him, that sounds like a horrible environment for your children which is already affecting their behaviours, quite aside from the fact that you're being abused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now