Advanced search

Strange Legal advice

(4 Posts)
Hippymonk Sat 03-Oct-15 17:20:18

Hi....My childrens mother has claimed she has had some legal advice that i personally find strange. I am a single father of 2 boys and their mother has claimed she has had the following legal advice. Only speak to the boys twice a week and to block all routes of contact they have with her, phone,facebook,whatsapp,etc and to not come and see them. They are as you can imagine devestated to say the least. They are 14 and 12 and have had some issues with her in the past few weeks with arguing and text messages but thays only normal as they are upset and angry with her because of her constantly letting them down and the lies she tells them. Could anybody really advise a mother to limit contact with the 2 people she brought into this world? I find this unbelievable if I'm honest

starlight2007 Sat 03-Oct-15 20:34:05

From your other posts along with this.

I think this woman is pushing away your DS and not going to take any responsibility for it.

I would personally stop talking to her. Don't tell her anything about the boys and focus on supporting them.

I also would be warning their school so they can keep an eye out for changes in normal behaviour.

My only reservation to this is are they threatening her?I understand they are angry.. they do need to be careful with words though

cestlavielife Mon 05-Oct-15 10:59:58

doesn't matter where she got this from she is looking for a rationale to behave as she is...just ignore her.

support your DC.

see if they would accept seeing the school counsellor. see it as a kind of bereavement -the loss of a mother they thought they had...and support them to deal with this. lots of good family time with just you, have them around aunts/grandmother other female relatives who act normally.

at 14 and 12 it's their relationship with their mother, and your role is to support them and help them deal with it, maybe compartmentalizing and not trying to make her into mother of the year... neither you nor they can make her be something she is not. but school counsellor would be good starting point.

Marilynsbigsister Tue 06-Oct-15 21:28:47

No OP there is no situation where a solicitor would give this advice. It's bullshit from the start. If you want this backed up definitively, post in Legal and hopefully 'baby barrister ' will be around to confirm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: