Advanced search

Income support work related activity?

(4 Posts)
MsTargaryen Thu 10-Sep-15 22:43:21

I've tried googling and not finding much! Is anyone on income support and doing work related activity because their child is 3 or 4? I'm trying to find out what it consists of beyond doing a CV! Can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
MsTargaryen Sun 13-Sep-15 13:54:05

Tentative bump

OP’s posts: |
Lurkedforever1 Sun 13-Sep-15 14:11:13

No idea. I know of some parents through work that have done/ are doing courses or voluntary work when kids are at preschool or nursery. However it's usually ones like basic maths/ literacy, i.e courses for people who didn't get them at school, so I'm not sure whether education/ courses is something expected as work related activity if you have that standard.
The volunteering ones are doing it for personal reasons, no idea if they'd have been expected to if they weren't.
I'd Google local adult education anyway, there might be courses free on income support you want to do, and if there isn't then by following it up you've at least covered yourself in that regard.
Best bet is to read very carefully any directive you've been given, and then speak to your advisor and get them to specify. Preferably with a written detailed copy of anything they have said you should do.

ChanelMcD Mon 11-Jan-16 19:09:08

Hello, I received one of those letters about Work Related Activity (wasn't told about this and I can't find anything online either) if you're able to let me know a bit about it? My son isn't 3 until April. Appreciated! smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in