Talk

Advanced search

Maintenance when on holiday with dad?

(8 Posts)
Hithere123 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:41:44

Hi there,
Hoping someone here can help me.
Me and exH have agreed that during the holidays the 3DCs will stay with me for two weeks and with him for two weeks so we can both take the children on holiday and go on holiday without them. I have had my two weeks with the children and his is due to start next week. I'm nervous that he isn't going to pay me the maintenance that I have thought will pay for my DDs school uniform. We don't currently go through CMS as I started a claim and he asked me to stop it as he would then pay me a little more and so I agreed as I had no money at the time. If we were going through CMS would he wtill have to pay me for the two weeks. My thinking is that he didn't pay me any extra in the two weeks I had them. Any ideas or advise please x

starlight2007 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:12:08

At this point why do you think he won't pay?

VoyageOfDad Thu 13-Aug-15 19:08:22

This actually crossed my mind yesterday, though I'm the NRP.

I thought it was reasonable to suggest that this months maintenance should be lower as I've had dd for two weeks and incurred those costs myself..

Bottom line was though it's not worth the grief !

caroldecker Thu 13-Aug-15 19:17:49

CMS work out the amount based on average overnights at NRP for the year - the holidays should be included in this, so the monthly amount should stay the same, but the total annual amount recognises the longer holiday stays with NRP.

Mutt Thu 13-Aug-15 19:37:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hithere123 Fri 14-Aug-15 16:02:12

Grr...its so tricky isn't it. We made an agreement outside of CMS as they were "causing problems" for him. I'm hoping he will be reasonable or I will just call them and restart my claim through them. I'm hoping it wont come to that, I'm done with all the drama, just want an easy life :/
Ps its quite tricky working out how many nights they go to him as it varies in school holidays and he is often inconsistent with sticking with the arrangements. Is anyone else in this situation and how do you go about it?

MarkRuffaloCrumble Fri 14-Aug-15 16:23:57

I would work out approximately how many nights he has them per year and see if these 2 weeks push him into a different category of CMS payments and use that as a guide. How often does he usually have them?

FWIW, my ex has the DCs 1-2 nights a week (normally 1) but when he had them for 4-5 days recently it didn't occur to me that he should pay less for having to entertain them for a few extra days, any more than I expect more money for taking them on holiday myself.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a few extra days during the long school holidays on top of the usual days, especially if he then has 2 weeks where he doesn't see them as they're away with you.

Hithere123 Fri 14-Aug-15 19:51:57

Thankyou for your replies...I feel a little more prepared for the battle now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now