Talk

Advanced search

Married but alone!

(6 Posts)
Crystalrose1977 Tue 04-Aug-15 02:37:00

I feel very overwhelmed and anxious. I never stop tending and working and my daughter is 7. I never get a break. She is clingy and needy and always bored. I suggest things and buy and buy and buy. I spend time with her WAY more than my mom ever spent with me. There is never time for me. I just can't deal with this anymore. My husband does not help with anything. Say something to help me feel better please!

buddhasbelly Tue 04-Aug-15 02:42:31

When did you last get a break OP? even just a few hours to yourself, as a single parent it's important to me to have a bit of time so that I can go to the gym etc but when I was in an unsupportive relationship I never got this time to myself and it drove me mad [says me who currently has dd wedged beside her because apparently her bed was not the place for her to sleep tonight...]

starlight2007 Tue 04-Aug-15 07:43:49

You might find it more helpful to move this to relationships.. Its not the same as been a LP

BlackeyedSusan Tue 04-Aug-15 12:25:08

unsupportive relationships can be worse than single parenting. (done both)

they are both really hard in different ways.

You've posted very little, but from what you've said you don't have a parenting problem, you have a relationship problem.

As PP have said, the key to coping on your own is having some time to have a break. You can do this onen of two ways - get yourself some time through babysitters (either paid or family) or get your 'D'H to step up.

You're situation sounds miserable. And although you haven't posted much info, my advice would be to leave. If he does nothing anyway, what is he adding to your life (and DD's life)? In fact he is probably adding to stress and workload.

Leaving and focussing on yourself and your happiness (and by extension DD's) might just be the best thing you ever do.

Also - it's very possible your DD is the way she is because she is picking up on how stressed and unhappy you are. Best thing for children's happiness is happy parents!!

Sorry, I realise that was quite negative! Only you know your relationship and circumstances. But the only way to help you out and feel less anxious would be to get you a break.

If you feel you can talk to your 'D'H and get him to take on specific jobs/ roles/ some time wth DD, then do so.

But if he is doing nothing right now, and doesn't even recognise he is doing nothing, then you've got your work cut out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now