Talk

Advanced search

Mediation?

(2 Posts)
daisyJ123 Sat 01-Aug-15 13:22:25

Hi all
I split up with my partner 18 months ago. We have one DS who is now nearly 3.
ExP works shifts & is a musician so every week is different re DS childcare & every 6-8 weeks ExP & me meet & do schedule for nursery/which weekends he will have DS/which days off he will have DS & DS's welfare. exP never instigates these meetings & often postpones or forgets.
ExP has NEVER instigated a day/sleepover for DS. I have even instigated the Christmas trip to his family in Scotland (last year)
ExP & I both have new gf/bf & ExP has put DS in nursery before to see his Gf instead & introduced her to DS very quickly (after 2 months) Recently, Exp seems to be struggling with juggling work/DS & gf & has cancelled weekends with DS at the last min. (Inc this weekend as he has 'work commitments'
I am shattered but more importantly, DS needs to see his dad!)
ExP has just cancelled a weekend in Sept with DS (the only full weekend they have ever spent together) and I am exhausted by A) his lack of organisation & B) his lack of commitment to DS...
I contacted ExP's mother & sister this morn to let them know what's happening (his lack of seeing DS will ultimately affect them seeing DS & that's not good as DS loves seeing them & has every right to!)
I want to explore mediation as ExP is behaving like a teenager when I try & speak to him & I'm at my wits end! Any thoughts on this & has anyone found mediation helpful? Thanks for reading.

starlight2007 Sat 01-Aug-15 17:33:38

Sadly you are explaining what is very common on here anyway...Without living together the Little ones drop down the list..

I think it is certainly worth doing mediation..I did it with my ex..While it achieved nothing I can say I did everything I could.

I think you won't get anywhere pushing and pushing.

I think you have to find out what he wants..If he doesn't want the contact he won't stick to it.

I really do feel for you with exhaustion but it will have no bearing on what he will or won't do..

I did mediation the woman was very impartial but did seem to try and move things forward and look for resolutions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now