Talk

Advanced search

spoiling xmas?

(9 Posts)
jml2012 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:49:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bellemere Sat 01-Aug-15 08:42:15

I think you're overthinking it. She gets three hours with him a week - even if it is always Christmas themed, I'm not sure the entire Christmas Day (dinner, Father Christmas, presents, family etc) can be spoiled by that.

jml2012 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:57:13

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Sat 01-Aug-15 09:06:31

My 2 dcs watch Christmas programmes throughout the year. Trust me, they are not any less excited when it gets closer to Christmas. I wouldn't worry about it.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 01-Aug-15 09:16:43

His time, his rules. When DD is fed up of Christmas films she'll tell him.

How would you feel if he started telling you how to spend the time you have with her?

jml2012 Sat 01-Aug-15 09:22:51

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 01-Aug-15 10:10:18

I'm not divorced. DH, DDs and all live together. But I constantly have to remind myself that when DH is doing something differently from how I would do it, he is not wrong. He is just doing things differently.

I wouldn't spend my only three hours per week with my child watching any kind of film, but if this is his choice, then leave him to it.

What will spoil Christmas when it comes is you and he arguing. Not the fact that DD has watched Christmas films in July.

starlight2007 Sat 01-Aug-15 10:24:13

If he has supervised contact I assume because of bigger issues than this..I can remember watching Polar express about 3 million times ( sure not that many but it felt like that) I do remember watching it in July because it was what my DS picked time after time after time.

It may be he has found something she likes.. It is not that long to get to know a 3 year old..

This is one issue to leave him to it

PotteringAlong Sat 01-Aug-15 10:26:01

I read the 12 days of Christmas to my DS as a bedtime story last night. You are definitely overthinking it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now