Talk

Advanced search

Moving on and meeting someone

(8 Posts)
Hanyoung14 Fri 31-Jul-15 23:46:01

I broke up with my sons father about seven months ago after being together for three years but our son is only 12 months old. I have now had time to move on and had time to find myself again so to speak and feel ready to meet someone new and I am on fairly good terms with my ex partner. I am not sure the best way to go about meeting someone new as I am bit unsure about meeting someone online and obviously with such a young child nights out are rare. Just wondered if anyone had tips. Thanks

RachelLunaMoon Sat 01-Aug-15 21:50:05

I met my ex fiancé online, and although it didn't work we did love eachother and my sons were safe with him. I wouldn't rule out Internet dating completely, though we as mums do need to be careful obviously! Good luck! Xxxxx

stuckinahole Wed 05-Aug-15 13:33:25

I'm looking for ideas on this too, same situation & young son.

Speed Dating?

(Shitting myself really!!)

Flowerpower41 Fri 07-Aug-15 06:17:01

Sorry op I simply do not see how seven months can be sufficient time to 'move on' - you need to get used to being on your own first before looking for a partner.

stuckinahole Fri 07-Aug-15 08:33:39

Mines seven years and I still don't feel ready!!

Flowerpower41 Sat 08-Aug-15 06:01:10

Having been a single parent of my boy since he was only 5 months I have dabbled with dating but did not feel up to it until only quite recently. My ds is now 10 and getting easier so I feel I could potentially put up with a bloke again. If you ask me it is a case of being tolerant and patient and I just did not have sufficient reserves of either before recently.

Men can be quite selfish and childish if you ask me and I was not ready to embrace their ways again until of late.

That said there still appears to be very little on the market although that does not bother me as such!

It is more the killer weekends I feel bereft socially as everybody around me appears wived up and complacent and not seeking out companions. I cannot afford to join any meet up groups owing to the cost of childcare..... Where are the interesting single parent women out there!

stuckinahole Sat 08-Aug-15 12:56:35

Waves at flower power

Kizzikaz Sun 16-Aug-15 18:25:30

I was a single mother from my son being 18 months old until Met my new partner when when my son was nearly 5. We've been together now since jan 13. I met him in a pizza shop of all places when I was on a night out!!

I'd say don't force it. It's hard
Dating and having a baby. I'm now pregnant with baby 2. It will happen in time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now