Advanced search

Advice, facing separation

(6 Posts)
backdatednamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 21:19:19

Hi. I think relations with H have degraded to the point of separation.

His parents live 4 hours away and he will go back and live with them. I am NC with his parents for various abusive reasons.

Our children are 2 and nearly 1.

Will a court force me to let him take them up north for contact every weekend or Eow? As opposed to him seeing them where we live now?

Can I prevent his parents seeing them? They don't have their best interests at heart.

I am sick with worry about this and at the moment it's keeping me with him.

OP’s posts: |
Bellemere Thu 23-Jul-15 22:51:07

1. Yes, eventually - every other weekend more likely than every weekend and potentially away for holidays as well.
2. Not unless you have evidence of them being a risk to the children.

backdatednamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 23:11:41

When is eventually?

Aren't they too little to do that journey twice in 3 days. Every fortnight?

Wouldn't it be better for their dad to stay near us?

OP’s posts: |
backdatednamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 23:12:34

No evidence. Just things like them smoking around dd when she was recovering from bronchitis, bullying texts to H that sort of thing.

OP’s posts: |
ATeacherWritesHome Thu 23-Jul-15 23:16:02

So sorry to hear this. I hope you're okay. I really think you need to talk to a lawyer. Normally the first consultation is at a discounted rate and I think it will be the best money you ever spend.

woowoo22 Fri 24-Jul-15 16:52:37

Agree with speaking to a lawyer, and also CAB are handy and possibly Women's Aid if he's been abusive.

Don't let the fear of what might or might not happen in the future keep you in a shitty situation now.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in