Advanced search

Income Support Help Needed

(6 Posts)
jack1236 Fri 10-Jul-15 20:52:06

Hi Guys

Just need advise for a friend. She's recently split from her partner. She's applied for Income Support, she's been turned down, apparently because the Child Benefit is in her ex's name. She has two kids 2/5. Is there anything she can do? Can she appeal? She got the letter today and is very down.

MarchLikeAnAnt Sat 11-Jul-15 15:37:36

She needs to get the child benefit signed over, the sooner the better as it can take a while.

jack1236 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:00:02


jack1236 Tue 14-Jul-15 10:19:52

Hi Guys

They said they are going to send forms, so she has no money at all and two kids to feed!! She can't even get an advance!!

Penfold007 Tue 14-Jul-15 11:27:22

The local food bank may be able to help her whilst she waits for the CB to be changed in to her name. She also needs to start a claim for child maintenance from her ex. Is there a reason he isn't giving her the CB in the mean time?

jack1236 Tue 14-Jul-15 12:13:14

Hi Penfold

Thanks for answering.

The CB is in his name, but was being paid into her account.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: