Talk

Advanced search

Actively abusing the CMS!!

(10 Posts)
learnsomethingnew Thu 02-Jul-15 08:01:53

My controlling ex has started paying less by direct pay to me. its been going on for months and this is the response I got from them 'Until it reaches 40% we can't do anything!!' Its pathetic the amounts he short changes my child by. £1 here, 8p there!! This could go on for years and he's doing it because he can! He's missed a whole payment before the paid at the 11th hour when they threatened the collect and pay. Its all wrong and I just wanted to warn others.

Starlightbright1 Thu 02-Jul-15 14:55:10

I wondered how long it would be before the stories of it is worse have come out..I haven't heard anyone say it is better at all.

learnsomethingnew Fri 03-Jul-15 08:46:25

Its a joke. They won't even write to him about it! Can't issue non standard letters apparently!!

JakieOH Fri 03-Jul-15 09:39:11

So he is paying less than the CMS instructed but they won't do anything about it??

learnsomethingnew Fri 03-Jul-15 15:41:01

Yeas JakieOh thats correct. So annoying

JakieOH Sat 04-Jul-15 12:21:08

That doesn't sound right to me OP. I would contact them again.

ProbablyMe Fri 24-Jul-15 08:59:16

That surprises me actually. My ExH underpaid me by £5 three weeks in a row and they were happy to suggest chasing him for it and making him pay via them which would incur a fairly hefty charge on his part. The threat of the additional charge so made him sort himself out.

learnsomethingnew Fri 24-Jul-15 13:32:45

I double checked and I can go for collect and pay now. They would send him a letter to collect a direct debit which he can refuse to pay! This would mean the 20% charge on top every month. Then they would take proceedings to place attachment of earnings at a cost to him of £50 plus the 20% for at least 12 months. I cannot for the life of me figure why he would do this to himself

Bellemere Fri 24-Jul-15 13:41:48

I'm glad they're actually chasing it up - he shouldn't be able to get away with messing around with it like that.

learnsomethingnew Sun 26-Jul-15 22:39:06

Crazy huh Bellemere? Like someone said I knew there wold be a loophole somewhere. I'll post when something happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now