Talk

Advanced search

Single parent going back to work

(8 Posts)
ilovekitties Fri 26-Jun-15 13:50:27

Hi, I've been looking for a job since leaving my job in feb due to the managers being unfair to me. I've been interviewed and offered a full time position working 9-5 monday to friday. Just been to the jobcentre and they worked out that I'd be £89 better off working 25 hours and £96 better off working full time after paying for childcare. Now I don't know what to do cos I would love this job as it's ideal 9-5 and there's not many going and I'll get a chance to pay into my pension and get more holiday entitlement from this. I was gonna work full time for the next year and then drop my hours once my boys start full time school. My twins are 3.5 years old.

What do you think???
Thanks, for looking..

SunnyBaudelaire Fri 26-Jun-15 13:54:39

go for it! well done for getting the job.
Just as long as the childcare is good and reliable.
My main peice of advice would be, never talk about your children at work.

ilovekitties Fri 26-Jun-15 13:57:23

Thank you Sunny smile
Well they'll be in full time nursery, which atm they're doing their 15 hours at and they love it.
I'll try my hardest not to smile.

meglet Fri 26-Jun-15 19:21:33

well done! go with full time for now. Once they're at school you'll be in a better position to ask for flexibility.

ilovekitties Fri 26-Jun-15 19:40:11

Thats what I was thought would be a better deal rather than going straight in with asking them for part time from the get go Meglet.

cestlavielife Fri 26-Jun-15 20:54:16

Go for it

Starlightbright1 Wed 01-Jul-15 08:03:50

I am not sure why you would try and drop your hours once they are in school..However sounds like a good move if this is a job you want.

ilovekitties Wed 01-Jul-15 08:45:44

Starlight, because i wanted to be able to pick them up from school at least once a week because as it stands I'd never be able to pick them up ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now