Talk

Advanced search

Single with kids camping trip

(9 Posts)
moveon Thu 18-Jun-15 00:12:30

Just been looking at this singlewithkids.co.uk/holidays/wicksteed-camp/

Has anyone been on a SWK trip before? Or thoughts on what this might be like?

I am a pretty experienced camper, but thinking of doing a more communal thing with dd this year.

Or does anyone fancy getting together for our own camp?

SomebodysRealName Sun 28-Jun-15 07:16:53

I have been on one and would again. They are ideal for single parents whose kids are at an age where they will go off and play with other kids, leaving you with no one to talk to - there are other single parents in exactly the same boat. They are less good if your kids are little because obviously they take up all your time but I went with a one year old and had a great time just relaxing having people to say hello to and knowing I had a bit of backup if I needed it. They are a great friendly bunch.

MsPepsi Sun 28-Jun-15 10:08:27

Look up camp mates too which is in the new forest x

Squeegle Sun 28-Jun-15 22:22:21

mrspepsi, have you been on a camp mates trip? Did you enjoy? How old were the kids?

MsPepsi Mon 29-Jun-15 07:14:02

No sorry in haven't. I came across them on Facebook. They have loads of great reviews though.

NordicNoirRocks Tue 30-Jun-15 20:30:51

I'm trying to plan a camping/ parents' holiday with my 2 DC, age 5 and 9. I recently split up with my DP so this will be my first holiday as a lone parent. I wonder what I'd do with myself in the evening when DC are in bed. Any suggestions for a low-cost UK holiday would be appreciated. We're in the South West.

Kewcumber Tue 30-Jun-15 20:33:21

I love them. We have made some real life freinds though SWK.

We normally go to the Wicksteed campfest (which is a bit big) August bank hols but can't this year and have done the new forest one in the past. I'd suggest a smaller one first. But ultimately it won;t matter if you aim straight for a biggie.

baby0684 Fri 10-Jul-15 20:28:44

The Wicksteed one looks cool. We have just started camping as a family, but do get a bit bored on my own in the evening, and would be nice for my DD 9 to have others to play with. I do have DS who is 3, but he just happy running around, lol

wtffgs Fri 10-Jul-15 21:05:46

It's an ace place for kids in the 7-15 age bracket. Lots of help setting your tent up and nice people to get a bit drunk with chat to.

We are missing Wicksteed this year because it finishes the day before I go back to work and I can't do 3 nights there and straight into work the next day!

Go and enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now