Talk

Advanced search

Holiday on own with 3 year old???

(6 Posts)
RockinMumma Thu 11-Jun-15 13:45:21

I'm a single mum (25) my daughter is 3 and I would love to go on holiday to Rome. However I seem to have a slight fear at the thought...... Has anyone been on holiday on their own with their little ones??

Artandco Thu 11-Jun-15 13:47:43

Lots. I have been to Rome also when ds1 was 3 and ds2 2. We had a blast.
Take a toddler sling so they can rest if needed ( pram would be a nightmare).
We went sightseeing, had lots of ice cream, afternoon siestas, late dinners in car free squares where they played with local kids

wannabestressfree Thu 11-Jun-15 13:49:50

Yes went lots when my son was small and I was a single mum. Had a whale of a time. Wish I had been able to do it more.
I still take the kids away by myself now- we did disney on our own (I have three sons now) a couple of years ago smile just be prepared!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 11-Jun-15 13:52:21

My only consideration would be time of year. Rome is unvearably hot during the summer and I would struggle, let alone a 3yo.

RockinMumma Thu 11-Jun-15 17:16:25

Thanks everyone this settles me a bit! I worried about things like the plane etc. ��

Mumteedum Sat 13-Jun-15 18:31:15

I found Rome very family oriented compared to any other capital. Saw lots of kids at restaurants in evenings. It is very hot, there's a lot of walking and beware pick pockets but if you plan well I think it'd be really lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now