verbal abuse

(4 Posts)
miku Tue 26-May-15 23:50:36

its a stressful time, but how to tell ex to stop insults (you idiot, stupid, its your fault, your fat, daughter is fat and stupid, badly behaved, will stop financial support, blahblah blah. My daughter stood up for herself, and now doesn't want to see him. He doesn't listen, and I end up putting phone down on his torrent of abuse. However, he has bought tickets to go and see mutual friend, with kids her age, going tomorrow. Im nervous for her, because I know he will just lecture her, and is punishing her for not saying sorry for losing her temper when she asked him to stop calling her stupid, by taking away her tablet that he gave her as her birthday/Christmas present. do I let her go? or not? shes happy to go cos she will be with friends, but they are also in school, so she will have to spend time with him........

whattodoforthebest2 Wed 27-May-15 00:04:19

What a nasty piece of work he is.

I don't imagine for one moment that you'd put up with anyone else talking to her like that, so why should he get away with it?

Your DD needs to be protected from him, otherwise she'll think that talking to people - adults and children alike - like that is ok. I'd explain to her that since he keeps being rude to her and treating her so badly, you don't think she should go. If you dont address it, you're giving him and her the message that it's ok.

miku Wed 27-May-15 00:14:53

no, she doesn't think its ok- I have explained to her that it is not her fault, that she is great, and he is suffering (his mums been diagnosed with terminal cancer).Hm. I do have a weird feeling though. He cant seem to take any responsibility for caring for her emotional well being.....hm ok. Ill talk to her tomorrow about maybe not going. She really wants to see her friends though....and I know itll make him even angrier. we are going to visit his mum nextweek together (and im not looking forward to that, but it might be last time)

BlackeyedSusan Wed 27-May-15 10:44:25

where is her tablet? do you have it? if so keep it with you.

I would cancel the trip to his mother. he can't behave you do not play.

ex is pissed off as he is no longer allowed to visit the children in the flat as he was intimidating. tough. I remind him that the other option was to call the police.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now