Talk

Advanced search

Being a Taxi

(5 Posts)
sigma15 Thu 21-May-15 16:23:11

Hi I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and would offer any advice on how to deal with this?
I don't even remember how I got into this but the last 12 months or so I have been picking up one of my Son's acquaintances from school they used to go to primary school together, the plan was only supposed to be short term as this boys mother was doing shifts and couldn't take him, it was supposed to be that every other week my Son would get picked up from School and I take them to school.
This however isn't happening on the weeks that my Son is supposed to be picked up there are always excuses as to why they haven't been picked up or her Son makes arrangements to go elsewhere after school and doesn't let my Son know leaving him texting and asking where they are and me feeling as though I am being used. The other day there was a form that needed to be handed in to the school early to enable them to go on a school trip that was a first come first served type of basis my Son had a text from this boy to say that he didn't need a lift in to school the following morning as his Mom was taking him, we then found out that she had taken her Son to school early to hand this form in but hadn't asked if my Son wanted a lift too.
What is making this worse is in September their daughter will be going to the same school but no one has asked me if I will be taking their daughter as well and I am beginning to feel as though this is a little one sided. This is not working for me I pick the boy up everyday at the same time and always have to wait as the boy isn't ready he waits till I beep my horn before putting his shoes and coat on etc. I have spoken to them and asked that he be ready as I can sometimes be waiting 2/3 minutes. Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone else was in a similar situation how did you deal with it?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 21-May-15 16:27:24

The simplest and (probably) most popular reply you will get on here is to cancel the arrangement.

As it is half term soon, this is the perfect time. Call or text the mum:- "Hi Lift Bitch, the arrangement we had in place for lifts no longer works for me, so as of the start of the next half term I will be unable to offer any lifts to your DC".

Keep it simple. Dont apologise.

lunar1 Sat 23-May-15 08:16:24

I'd cancel the arrangement too, some people are just so ungrateful.

Bluebiscuits Sat 23-May-15 09:13:23

Definitely cancel. Cant believe how rude they are being!!

Bluebiscuits Sat 23-May-15 09:29:41

PS This is quite a quiet board you would probably get more replies if you posted in AIBU or chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now