Talk

Advanced search

Wierd leg feeling

(18 Posts)
hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Sun 26-Apr-15 23:04:20

Ive got one leg slightly longer than the other. Now & then the longer leg has gotten achy, sometimes for a few hrs but it passes.
This weeknd its been achy / tingly all weeknd. Didn't stop me sleeping last night but its worse today, I came to bed 2 hrs ago & its keeping me awake.
Googled it & on nhs symptom checker it says 'go to a&e immediately'. But I think thats for ppl with blood clot which I doubt this is as been all wknd & as I say I've had much milder versions before. But it did scare me seeing that.
I'm a LP & would have to take my young children to a&e if I went which would distress them. No family near by. If I thought I was at risk of clot obviously I'd go but dont think its that causing symptoms.
Having said that I'd probably go if I had someone to mind kids just to be safe.
I already have GP appt booked in morn.
Just wondered what others would do... or if anyone's ever had this? I'm wondering sciatica or restless leg syndrome?
Posting in health & LP.

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Sun 26-Apr-15 23:05:20

weird

monkeysaymoo Sun 26-Apr-15 23:12:40

I think you will be fine to wait until morning it doesn't sound like DVT and it is possible that the ache is due to long term effect of your leg being slightly longer. Friend has one leg slightly longer than the other, it wasn't until his 40's that it began to cause issues (although for him it causes back pain)

monkeysaymoo Sun 26-Apr-15 23:13:31

If you are really worried though call NHS direct and they will tell you if you should go to a & e

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Sun 26-Apr-15 23:26:45

Im worried if I call nhs direct they will come to same advice as nhs symptom checker & send an ambulance out without my consent first! As has happened in past with one of my children when ill. I dont disagree with that proactivity but I wouldn't want that disruption to my sleeping children if not necessary just to cover themselves iykwim. My children'd v likely wake if someone entered the house especially if it was a man as we are all girls & noise travels in our house. They are light sleepers.
I am around your friends age so that is reassuring.

monkeysaymoo Sun 26-Apr-15 23:38:42

Any swelling or redness? Have you been unwell or flown recently? If not I would say you low risk for DVT. Obviously no-one can say for sure though. Personally I would phone NHS direct if you are saying that the pain is bad enough that you WOULD go to a&e if you didn't have the kids at home.

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Sun 26-Apr-15 23:48:38

No redness, no swelling, not flown, not otherwise ill apart from slight headache this eve which Im prone to.
Maybe I'll give it another hr or so & call them if I still can't sleep.
I am a worrier which is why I'd go a&e if it didn't affect anyone bar me but I'd have to wake the children & the event (hosp in pjs) would upset them so I'd avoid if possible. I guess I'm trying to figure if thats sensible or if I need to prioritise my leg regardless.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 27-Apr-15 07:36:21

how are you this morning?

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Mon 27-Apr-15 23:00:33

Felt almost better this morn but came back a bit as day went on. Doctor ruled out dvt & sciatica. Running blood tests confused ...bit scary.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 28-Apr-15 11:25:34

very scary to do it on your own. When are you going for blood tests?

[offers hand to hold}

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Tue 28-Apr-15 13:21:17

Went for them at drop in clinic straight after doc appt yest. Blood nurse said the results should be back in 2 days even though gp leaflet said a week, but nurse also said I'd get a phone call if the results mean I need to go in to see someone for any sort of treatment.

On edge. It sounds ridiculous probably but I can't help reflecting how 'for granted' I've taken the last few yrs, putting off so many big practical jobs I should get done for my children's future quality of life in favour of living in the now, free time on days out etc. We have no family near, although they are close enough (half hr away on motorway) be a more frequent source of support to me & positive presence in my children's life than they choose to be, which is next to nothing. The thought of anything happening to me & them raising my children... I've never seriously considered it at all likely before. When the women in your family live long, you assume you'll follow. Trying to keep busy as got no one to turn to in RL.

BlackeyedSusan Thu 30-Apr-15 00:08:47

lovely memories are better than jobs done... you can not change the past. think of the positives of the things you have done in the past,

good luck.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 01-May-15 22:18:15

did you get any results?

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Sun 03-May-15 23:26:33

Thank you for asking.

Still waiting. No news is good news hopefully. Will call gp on Tues to ask if results are through.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 04-May-15 23:50:10

good luck.

<crosses fingers>

hopeforthebestplanfortheworst Tue 05-May-15 23:23:29

Bloods all clear. So relieved.
Doctor thinks it was some sort of muscle issue. Random why it happened but I'll try not to worry about this unless it happens again I guess, even though I don't understand what it was.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 06-May-15 21:40:57

good bloods are clear. hope that it does not return.

smile

kittensinmydinner Sun 10-May-15 21:53:50

Sounds lie 'restless leg ' syndrome to me, bloody irritating but not much can be done unless you can bring yourself to believe old wives tales. I put a bar of soap between me and mattress ,bizarrely it seems to work sometimes ! I send my best wishes it is unbelievably annoying condition and much misunderstood .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now