Advanced search

Any advice for my friend whose husband stopped paying maintenance ?

(4 Posts)
Lovepancakes Mon 30-Mar-15 17:29:37

My friend's ex dp stopped paying maintenance a few months ago leaving her in debt as she didn't have enough to pay rent over several months.

Does anyone know if there's anything she can do? He lives abroad and their relationship is not easy and she doesn't have money to use lawyers .

It is so stressful and there must be a way of enforcing his responsibilities ?

Any help would be amazing as she's a very special friend and I worry this leaves them very vulnerable.

OP’s posts: |
fedupbutfine Mon 30-Mar-15 17:31:55

depends where he lives...

which country is he in?
does he have assets in the UK?
is he paid via a UK based company into a UK bank account?

Starlightbright1 Mon 30-Mar-15 17:33:17

Tell her to contact CMS...New CSA... I beleive they can still help in some countries

Lovepancakes Mon 30-Mar-15 17:39:10

Thank you. I think his main home is in the US. I don't think he has a UK income.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in