Advanced search

Feel low at the weekend

(5 Posts)
tangledmess Sat 07-Feb-15 12:22:20

Hello, I am recently separated and have a 14 month old ds. My ex moved out a month ago but because it was an abusuve relationship I am feeling better on the whole as I am rebuilding my life. However, as soon as the weekend comes along I feel so low and it feels like such a struggle to get through. What makes it worse is knowing that my ex is probably just lying in bed with a stinking hangover, either at his house or someone else's (something he used to do every weekend when we lived together so was a big reason for us splitting up) and then when he feels like it he will saunter over to see his son and be all cocky with me and hungover. We actually agreed to meet at soft play this morning but his phone is off/out of battery so I imagine he is passed out somewhere instead, typically. Meanwhile I have been up since 6am looking after ds, feeling quite lonely. I don't have family nearby or any friends really I can see as they are with their families. I know we are not together anymore but this is the bit I am struggling with. Sorry whinge over, I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? X

BlackeyedSusan Sat 07-Feb-15 13:26:58

well, I am an introvert so can cope with quite a lot of alone time. I do enjoy being on mn though. come and join in with the loneparent housekeeping thread... join us.. erm not doing housework and maoning about it (me at least)

tangledmess Sat 07-Feb-15 13:45:11

Thank you for your reply blackeyedsusan i will head over there! X

fattymcfatfat Sat 07-Feb-15 14:45:30

yep come on over to the dark side! my dd is about the same age as your ds aswell! grin

misstiredbuthappy Sat 07-Feb-15 15:03:49

I know how you feel tanngled the friends I have either dont have kids therefore I dont exist until they want a night out and the few single parents I do know are in work or off with there new boyfriends.

Normaly I take dd out for the day to the cinema, shopping ect but im trying to keep my money for half term as ive got the week of work.

Im bored bored bored. Ive even resorted to blitzing the house smile

The weekends are always boring if you havent got anything to do in the day it makes the nights seem so much longer. Aswell on skymovies there loads of slushy lovey dovey movies on because its nearly valentines envy rub it in why dont you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now