ex army and child maintaince

(6 Posts)
LittleBabyLucas Sat 31-Jan-15 12:36:35

Hi all not sure this is the right place to post

My ex is an army vet.

He receives a war pension of £233 a month
Service pension of £899 a month
Esa of £70 a week
Personal independent payment amount unknown.

He has 3 children in total.

I've just received a payment schedule from the cms. Our son is awarded £8.50 a month.

Surely this can't be right?

I've asked for a variation which has been declined. This is now going for review.

Can anyone shed some light on how he can get away with this?

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Sun 01-Feb-15 11:25:26

Bump!

NAR4 Sun 01-Feb-15 14:02:13

I have no idea if this is the case, but wonder if his war pension and service pension are not taken into account when assessing his income. The same as child maintenance isn't taken into account when assessing a single parents income.

LittleBabyLucas Wed 04-Feb-15 20:07:24

I got an answer... as he is receiving a benefit it cancels out all his other £2863 a month income

bf1000 Thu 05-Feb-15 08:30:38

On the CSA/CMS website it does say that if you receive war pension you are required to pay £5 per week total.
But this is not how it worked under old CSA rules.
MY DP pays £5 a week as he gets a benefit and then pays the normal % on waged job plus the normal % on his service pension.
The only slight issue with this is paying both as the war pension is meant to cover ongoing treatment he needs to keep mobile and it no longer covers the annual cost.
But either the way they work it out varies on who does the calculations or the new CMS is one or the other not both.

Its may be worth speaking to your local MP as they can be very helpful with issues with CSA/CMS

NeedsAsockamnesty Tue 10-Feb-15 23:03:03

Is it a war disablement pension?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: