Advanced search

babys daddy not doing enough

(3 Posts)
Ollydr11 Sat 24-Jan-15 12:31:42

My ex keeps showing up to see our son when he feels like it. He does work shifts during the week but not at the weekend, I think he should be spending time with his son but instead he will show up in the late afternoon stay for an hour or two then go. He doesn't take him out, or do anything with him, when he goes he says he doesn't no when he will be back and he will see our son as and when. To me it feels like everything and everyone is more important to him that his son.

HowardTJMoon Sat 24-Jan-15 12:46:24

When he says "I'll see my son as and when", what would happen if you said "No, this isn't working for me. We need to agree a schedule and then you need to stick to it"?

Starlightbright1 Sun 25-Jan-15 17:58:19

How old is baby.. what happens during contact? Are you in the room? I would give him things to do...Change nappy, give bottle if bottle fed and then you go and get on with stuff.

I think you also need to sit down and discuss contact with him that he needs to give notice... He can't just turn up...You don't have to sit around waiting for him to turn up. Infact if it was me I would make a point of going out when you think he might turn up.. He is taking your stay at home for granted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now