Talk

Advanced search

I've got to be really brave this week

(7 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Sat 17-Jan-15 23:33:18

Some of you may remember the whole sorry saga of DD and Ex a year ago. Him being arrested for drink driving with DD in the car and then him and his GF ( the OW) verbally abusing DD while drunk.
Contact was stopped, then supervised, gradually building up as DD felt comfortable to her now spending weekends with him.
Well the driving licence is back, and Wednesday he will collect DD from school and give her tea. Then drop her at her after school activity. This is a whole big leap of faith.
Normally mobile phones are not allowed in school ( year 6), would I be unreasonable to requesting special circumstances for DD to have hers that day so if she is uncomfortable in the after school/ tea period she can phone me? School know everything, the child protection officer was involved.

ninetynineonehundred Sun 18-Jan-15 08:55:01

Didn't want to leave this unanswered.
The situation sounds very stressful and I do remember your earlier post.
If the school knows the situation you could suggest that it is left at reception during the day and she picks it up after school.
Then they don't have to deal with 'but miss she has her phone ' and your dd knows she can contact you if she needs to.
Good luck on Wednesday

TooMuchCantBreathe Sun 18-Jan-15 09:06:08

Yes, I see no reason why they couldn't keep it in the office for her to collect. Would that work?

BlackeyedSusan Sun 18-Jan-15 09:57:42

i think if you speak to school on monday and arrage for it to be kept until hometime by the office the that should be fine.

fattymcfatfat Sun 18-Jan-15 10:03:08

Schools usually dont have a problem with phones being left at the office for children to collect after school. I think you are very brave. This sounds like an awful situation and I wish you and your dd the best of luck flowers

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 18-Jan-15 23:18:18

Thank you all, I thought perhaps I was being overly dramatic, but you have reassured me that my nerves are not abnormal.
I have yet to have the conversation with DD about refusing to get in the car if he drinks.

fattymcfatfat Sun 18-Jan-15 23:42:20

Good luck with that but from the sounds of things you have raised a wonderful and intelligent child so you shouldn't have a problem with that conversation. Im sure she will understand

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: