Advanced search

R.E.M.O Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders?

(4 Posts)
LJARoo Tue 13-Jan-15 19:34:19

Can anyone give me any advice on how these work? My boy was born in September and his father is in Southern Ireland and wants nothing to do with him. I contacted CSA and they told me they could do nothing and to contact REMO which I did. they told me to write to my local magistrates, with his name, where he is living, d.o.b and any other info i have, also outlining that I have tried to make contact to arrange child maintenance with him but had negative response. I did this in October last year but have heard nothing? He came back in the country at Christmas which I just cannot believe :-( his family want contact with my son yet he won't even provide for him when I know he is working and when I ask his mum she flips out at me making me feel as if i just want money! I am struggling financially, I can't even eat myself some days just making sure baby has everything he needs. Can anyone help me with how this works or been in similar situation? Thanks.

STIDW Tue 13-Jan-15 19:53:00

I would contact the court and check if the letter ever arrived. Before you can enforce maintenance you need a child maintenance "decision" (order) from the courts. Guidance, application forms REMO 7 And REMO 8 are available to download from the Staff at the court should be able to help you fill in the forms or if they can't direct you to someone who can. Failing that one of the Personal Support Units may be able to help.

BabyRooRoo Tue 13-Jan-15 20:18:07

Thanks for reply (My post i've just changed name)

The form looks very complicated I will ring and see if I can get assistance. They never mentioned this form when i contacted them, just to write a letter. It says in the guidelines, proof of parentage? What would this be? He is not on the birth certificate I gave him the option to be but he made the choice to not be involved. What would that mean?

Starlightbright1 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:30:08

I can't give you advice on the REMO however don't discuss money with his mum.. You are entitled to money..Why is it ok for you to go without food and him not even contribute anything?

I can say from CSA with my Ex I was asked if I was prepared for DS to have DNA test if ex disputed parentage.. I agreed he never did

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: