Talk

Advanced search

newly single. What now?!

(3 Posts)
chan321 Mon 12-Jan-15 19:21:36

I broke up with my partner of 5 years and daughters dad today. My daughter is 1 and to be honest her dad had made my life miserable for the past year. Anyway, long story short today I decided enough us enough and I've ended it because I feel I deserve better. He's gone back to live with his mum and having just put my daughter to bed I'm now sat here very bored, lonely and apprehensive. What happens next? I've never lived alone and although I've done everything since my daughter was born I'm sat here doubting myself, wondering how I'll manage everything. Has anyone else been in this situation? X

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 12-Jan-15 19:28:41

Yes. I have.
Sorry to hear you're relationship has broken up. It sounds like you know you have done the right thing though.
I split with my ex back in Sept. I now live alone and we share residency of our DS. I have him 4 nights a week with me and the rest of the time he is with his dad.
Don't get me wrong, it's hard and a massive adjustment. Give yourself some time, this is just day one. But I couldn't be happier now. My ex was a very difficult man, probably quite emotionally abusive and even though sometimes it's tough being by myself I can't right now see myself living with another man, ever!
Just think, tonight you can watch whatever you want on TV. You can go to bed as early or as late as you want. And when you get to bed you can spread out all the way across it and read a book with the light on as late as you like!
Good luck, it will be hard I'm sure, but try to look for the positives in it everyday and before you know, it will just become normality.
Here, have somewine

textfan Mon 19-Jan-15 07:06:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: