Talk

Advanced search

facing the ex during access

(6 Posts)
America1 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:33:08

Hiw do others cope with this?
I have this arising on sunday. Havent seen him since baby born in nov and its a messy divorce. Feeling sick just thinking about it.

America1 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:34:02

Oh he ledt me 7 months pregnant for another woman. Thought that would help to understand why I feel so ill about it.

Slavetominidictator Sat 10-Jan-15 13:36:01

A friend of mine has her sister or mum do the handover so she doesn't have to see him. He left her for someone else and it is just too painful for her at the moment.
Hope you're ok. Must be very tough.

America1 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:54:25

He wont see my mam. Probably scared.
iv offered supervised contact my baby doesn't even know him seen him once since birth.

totallyjaded Sat 10-Jan-15 15:36:29

See how you feel hun when you do it. I speak from experience when I say it raked up lots of feelings for me I thought I'd dealt with. Its up to each individual I guess but IMO he needs to be seeing baby at least twice per week for a couple of hours. This will help him bond and get used to the babys routine etc. If you can't do it then he'll have to see your mum or someone else. Don't let him railroad you. He made a choice and that choice has consequences. IE you putting yourself and your babys welfare first. Do it on your terms

America1 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:01:59

He has offer to meet mam im not denying access its just too raw atm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now