Talk

Advanced search

11 comments on the dreaded Facebook but not 1 person has thought! (Light hearted - I think!)

(29 Posts)
foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:25:29

I Put on the dreaded FB that I'm writing out next years Christmas cards. Not one person has commented 'but you might meet someone this year'.

I guess the people I know have given up on me meeting someone as much as I have!!!

wheretoyougonow Mon 05-Jan-15 19:35:37

In honesty I would not comment on that status. My best friend, whose a single mum, would smack me round the head as she would find it patronising.

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:39:23

They've all said that I must be mad!!!

Umm,why would they comment with that? Was it an attention seeking status? Did you write it in the hope somebody would say that so you could say how you feel it will never happen?

Apologies,but it's bizarre.

Well, they would. Writing Christmas cards at this time of year is daft. They didn't realise you were saying it to get a 'oh,you're so fab you'll meet someone' influx of comments hmm

Apologies.only just spotted the 'lighthearted' bit blush

gamerchick Mon 05-Jan-15 19:42:51

They'll be thinking it's weird. I wouldn't comment on that kind of status, especially with what you were hoping for.

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:43:22

Because they all know the last time I did this the xh walked out so I had to chuck them all!!! When I do go out with my friends and we get talking on how things are they usually tell me that 'this will be the year I meet someone and not to be pessimistic on my chances of meeting someone.

Just made me smile, that's all

magpieginglebells Mon 05-Jan-15 19:43:39

Would meeting someone affect your Christmas card writing?

What an odd thing to think?

VanitasVanitatum Mon 05-Jan-15 19:46:34

Totally ignoring the Facebook madness, why are you writing your cards in January?!!?!?!?

Well, Fos They won't be thinking that.Nor would they associate it with the potential to meet someone. Nor do people generally sign the names of their boyfriend/girlfriend in cards they send to friends,unless living together. Seeing that you haven't even met anyone yet...

* or serious or mutual friends etc, I should add.

You could meet someone two weeks before Christmas. Would you feel the need to sign their name then?

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:51:04

I'm always the one delivering cards on Christmas eve as I usually keep putting the job off, trying to think ahead for one

From one extreme to another grin

You'll probably have lost them/got fed up with them/thrown them away/knocked beverage of choice onto them by December!

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:52:43

If I met someone within the next few months and was serious still at Christmas I may well have added their name onto 'close' cards

Junglen Mon 05-Jan-15 19:53:27

I don't get it. I'm single btw and people have long since given up asking me if I'll meet somebody.

But I don't understand why writing out next year's Christmas cards would effect your meeting somebody confused

Junglen Mon 05-Jan-15 19:54:53

Oh I see, right, I get it.

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:54:55

Probably TripTrap - I still have some cards undelivered from Christmas just gone that will be handed out (or attempted to be!) in 11 months time!

fos , has anyone ever told you you're a bit Barney? smile

*Barmy! Stupid phone!!!!

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 19:57:02

Often!!!!!!gringringrin

CatsClaus Mon 05-Jan-15 19:57:56

what a waste of time, energy and resources.

arlagirl Mon 05-Jan-15 20:01:06

What if the person you wrote card to died in the meantime?

foslady Mon 05-Jan-15 20:05:04

At a risk of sounding mercenary I am writing the 'safer' ones (I'm not writing out certain ones that I know are hoping to extend their family as well, good news happens as well as the sad)

I thought more than me would be writing cards now - guess I'm the odd one!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 05-Jan-15 20:12:43

Why would that even occur to anyone?! If someone on my Facebook was writing Christmas cards on the 5th jan my first (only) thought would be that they were completely barmy and had too much time on their hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now