Talk

Advanced search

What are your new years eve plans ?

(17 Posts)
misstiredbuthappy Tue 30-Dec-14 15:32:01

Myne are the same as last year ... staying at home with dd. Last year we had a Chinese and watched Cinderella then when dd went to bed I watched The Heat and tried not to look at the time blush

I dont know why but New Years always seems to make me feel incredibly lonely. I think its because all of my friends are doing things with their partners.

misstiredbuthappy Tue 30-Dec-14 15:33:35

To be fair I shouldn't moan as ive got a night out planned for at the end on January smile

peaz Tue 30-Dec-14 15:40:06

It sounds like a fab nye that you have planned!

DH is working (police officer in the Met. Am praying he has a quiet night...but that's never going to happen in SE London!) and he starts at 11pm so we will just have a simple dinner.

We've been invited to a few parties but DH won't feel relaxed and he likes to have a snooze before night duty. I don't fancy taking DSs on my own so once they are bed DH can snooze, I will watch some crap on tv and then I will probably go to bed when he goes to work.

peaz Tue 30-Dec-14 15:43:36

Ah crap. Didn't realise was lone parents. It just came up in active conversations.

Well, I stand by my first line...sounds like a great ny. Happy new year misstired. Hope you get all you wish for in 2015!x

misstiredbuthappy Tue 30-Dec-14 15:50:15

Happy new year peaz

KellyElly Tue 30-Dec-14 15:58:20

Staying in with DD. Will watch a movie with her and have popcorn, then when she's gone to bed have got loads of nice canapés and some champagne and will get in my pjs and
watch a film and enjoy the food and champagne without having to share grin. I'm at a point now where I really
enjoy me time, even at New Years, and it feels good as opposed to lonely. Will be in bed before 12 though!

Aliennation Tue 30-Dec-14 16:01:09

Same as last 5 years, staying in on my own, ds will be asleep by 9 and I'll be in bed before the bells.
Doesn't usually bother me but for some reason I'm really in the mood to go out and party this week and a few of my friends are having house parties.
Dancing round the living room it is!

mugglelady Tue 30-Dec-14 19:41:13

I'm will be out on the tiles (for once!) My children are with their dad this year so I have made plans. TBH if the kids were with me I would be staying in with nice food ETC which I do enjoy as I like to see the new year in with those I love.

MissWimpyDimple Tue 30-Dec-14 22:50:15

I'll be in with DD. Friends are coming over. Some also lone parents some not parents at all. Very low key. DD will prob be only child so we will play some games and watch a film and get merry on bubbly

RedButtonhole Tue 30-Dec-14 22:57:08

I will be by myself after DS is in bed. Going to shops tomorrow and will get some nice things to eat, probably wont bother drinking but will wait up for the bells.

Quite like my own company so not feeling particularly left out or hard done to.

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Wed 31-Dec-14 16:58:41

On my own with DC, seems that since I have become a single parent I am radioactive or something, friends are quietly dropping me. The stigma is still alive and thriving in 2014.

misstiredbuthappy Wed 31-Dec-14 17:40:07

Sorry that made me chuckle whyhasmyheadgonenumb radioactive smile I always say its like ive got the plague.

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Wed 31-Dec-14 17:52:34

It's ridiculous isn't it!! Thankfully I have learnt who my real friends are. I'm Just feeling a bit down because they didn't have any prosecco left at the co-op. I wanted bubbles! I got kinder eggs instead confused

meglet Wed 31-Dec-14 23:20:33

whyhas bad news about the fizz. Hope you got something cool in the kinder eggs. I got a mini whale that squirted water the other week.

Quiet NYE as usual here. We went out this morning (kids walked with grandma, I went to the gym). Rest of the day was tidying, watching james bond, ducking from nerf bullets....

This will out me as a saddo but I've had a nice evening tucked up in bed watching TV and being entertained by twitter blush.

However I am plotting revenge on whoever is setting off the bomb-like fireworks every so often and disturbing the dc's angry. 6yo DD has wandered in twice and I've even heard 8yo DS, who sleeps like a log, stirring.

Happy New Year! Onwards and upwards!

18yearstooold Wed 31-Dec-14 23:35:19

I'm sitting in bed eating the last of the Christmas chocolate

Same as the last 4 years

Desertrunner Wed 31-Dec-14 23:40:40

My kids are at their dads. So me and DH are having wine, bubbly and stovies (Scottish comfort food). Bed after the bells. Quiet and cosy. Perfect really. I don't want to be out on New Years eve - hideous!

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 31-Dec-14 23:56:16

Listening to ds cough and mning/reading. I could have gone out if I'd wanted to buy would have meant ds sleeping at my parents and me being very hungover tomorrow, so I've taken the sensible option smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now