Talk

Advanced search

Lone parent rant

(2 Posts)
Wotsitsareafterme Mon 29-Dec-14 21:14:51

Exh and I get on pretty well and we do things as family. No problems there. Exh family still have issues with me (I assume) and pretend I and the dc (5 and 2) don't exists. I cannot be fucked with them and it's no skin off my nose that I don't see them
But you would think they just maybe would try and see the dc over xmas? No no and no again. Exh is abroad working. I have relayed the message as ever (through exh who I get on fine with) that they are welcome to see the dc whenever and that I could have them over or drop the dc off there. They live locally or whatever - I don't need them to deal with me. Another xmas and they cannot be bothered with my dc hmm
I am sad for my dc. My family are far away but if they were close they would want to see the dc all the time. Exh family are a mile away and not interested. Fuckers

mugglelady Mon 29-Dec-14 22:44:17

It's understandable why you're hurt - I would be too. It's great that you and your exH are as amicable as you are, and if I were I were in your shoes I would put my energies into maintaining this as its settling a good example for your kids. I suppose you could write them a letter or card asking how they are and again re-iterating your offer, but if your confident your ex has already passed the messages on it may fall on deaf ears but I suppose that way atleast you know you've everything you can..

Sending you hugs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now