Talk

Advanced search

DD's Christmas present to XH. Or rather, lack of...

(5 Posts)
DevonFolk Mon 22-Dec-14 16:51:44

DD is 4. For the last three years I've bought Christmas and Birthday presents for her to give to her dad. This year she's determined to just make something and rejects every suggestion I make of buying something in addition to her artwork.

Should I just leave it or should I sneak something extra in?

What do you do?

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 22-Dec-14 20:09:35

Why don't you suggest she can make him some cookies? Maybe buy a plain box to decorate (her 'design' �� ) to put them in. You can get all sorts of plain boxes from hobbycraft - we did that a few years ago & DD got to be very 'artistic' with how she decorated it. Surely her dad would love something more personal & unique as made by your DD?

DevonFolk Mon 22-Dec-14 22:34:30

Funny you should suggest that; I was inspired by the reindeer biscuit cutter thread to do just that! Thank you fsmile

makemineapinot Mon 22-Dec-14 22:41:51

Even when we were together I let my dc choose presents for us and GPs! Used to take them to £ shop and let them choose whatever they wanted. Now they know their dad is an arse, ds refused to buy him anything but dd chose a small thing which I paid for. Always been their dad, their feelings, their choice.

DevonFolk Tue 23-Dec-14 12:12:04

That was always my plan for when she was old enough. I just hadn't banked on her not wanting to buy anything! She's hugely into craft and drawing so I do understand why she just wants to make something. We've also made and decorated gingerbread trees, reindeer and angels this morning and I've covered an old shoe box in wrapping paper for them to go in. Fortunately I had everything I needed in the house so it hasn't cost anything smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now