Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling broody and very very reflective!

(1 Post)
Sunflowersmiling Tue 16-Dec-14 00:32:22

Its was so hard at first getting used to life as a single mum, so hard... but thankfully now as time has gone on, I am much happier without my mean ex.

I have a really good part time job with lots of prospects, lovely friends, and Im happy being single and just being me! Ive even found a babysitter and started going out once a month to an arts night!

My DS is just about 4 years old now and a cracking little chap, and I know he really wants a brother or sister. Thing is im just gone 40, yet lately ... well ... I keep getting this feeling ... and its making me really broody.

I dont know where its coming from - but its been there every month without fail, the desire to conceive is overwhelming!

Is this because I am aging, single and (forgive me mum) ... unintentionally celibate?

I keep looking at pictures of my friends babies, or my DS when he was younger, and wondering whether I could ever be lucky enough to experience of being a mum again to another baby.

I would love to have the opportunity but I cant find Mr. Right (and the last Mr. Right turned out to be a very nasty man....), also I cant begin to afford the clinics and, well, lets be honest - there are no other options are there.

Am I being selfish, or unrealistic? Or is this just normal pre-menopausal musings? Has anyone else been through these desires to be a parent again at our age AND single, and come out the other side with a happy tale to tell!?

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now