Advanced search

Contact case.

(9 Posts)
sandra159 Sat 29-Nov-14 14:44:41

I'm interested to know from mums who have been through child contacts cases in court and how they got on, the end result, was it what you wanted, did you get a bad result?
I realise every case if different and different circumstances affect the outcome.

OP’s posts: |
LadySybilLikesCake Sat 29-Nov-14 14:46:46


sandra159 Sat 29-Nov-14 14:53:14

Why not? I'm just interested, I have one coming up and I'm worried, I'm constantly thinking everyday and I just wondered what other people stories were and how they managed the outcome.

OP’s posts: |
LadySybilLikesCake Sat 29-Nov-14 14:58:44

Sorry, a heck of a lot of journalists come on here fishing for stories.

There's so many variables it wouldn't be wise to compare someone else's story to yours. Do you want to share some of your details though? Someone may be able to think 'that's what I went through' and may be able to help thanks

sandra159 Sat 29-Nov-14 15:10:31

Mines too complicated. I've posted before about it, split siblings.
Kids with me doing brill at school, really settled, one with him a complete nightmare, truant, excluded, runs away, defiant etc, both blame each other but he really is the root of all evil.
I can't start blurting that out in court though can I.
I'm just worrying. I need to stop.

OP’s posts: |
LadySybilLikesCake Sat 29-Nov-14 15:15:13

Oh, that sounds stressful sad Do you have a solicitor?

From my experience (not a contact case though), just stick to the facts and try to stay calm. Let the facts speak for themselves, the magistrates/judges are not fools. Does the DC who lives with the father see a therapist/CAMHS as reports will help, as will letters from the school/LA.

sandra159 Sat 29-Nov-14 15:30:03

CAMH refused to see him till we put our differences aside, I've tried, he won't, court ordered mediation and he cancelled and refuse to rearrange.
He's has a solicitor, I don't.

OP’s posts: |
LadySybilLikesCake Sat 29-Nov-14 15:35:46

You're probably better off reposting this in legal matters, as you should get some useful advice over there.

As you're unrepresented I think his solicitor has to help you in court. It won't look good on him if he's being obstructive though. They do want mediation first, so cancelling and refusing to rearrange won't go down very well. I know that you must be so angry, but it's important that you keep your cool and tell the court about the stable and secure home that you are able to provide. Stick to the facts.

Irishhooley Sat 06-Dec-14 09:34:16

You need to be legally represented, there's no other way. You need a solicitor with experience and a good barrister you trust to take this forward. Regardless of whether you can afford it or not, it's the only way. I ha to remortgage my house to cover the costs, which were substantial, but could not have coped without the legal team not would I have achieved the fair outcome.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in