Talk

Advanced search

what are we getting ourselves for Christmas

(25 Posts)
paneer Thu 27-Nov-14 22:29:02

We had a self gifting thread last year, so I thought it would be nice to have one this year too.

I am definitely getting myself a chocolate orange. Had a voucher from John Lewis and bought some tea towels and bottle opener wine

I unexpectedly got £100 of vouchers today so a lovely windfall! Not sire what to get myself yet.

paneer Thu 27-Nov-14 22:30:37

forgot to add. Dd is 6 and I doubt her dad will take her to get me anything, might get her to choose me a new lipstick from her! or maybe can get me the chocolate orange!

Lushlush Fri 28-Nov-14 06:41:14

A replacement juicer as my last one broke last New Year!

meglet Fri 28-Nov-14 07:08:07

Probably some winter boots.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 28-Nov-14 07:36:03

I crochet so I am treating myself to a yarn club every month through next year surprise yarn will turn up with a pattern which will by the end of the year make a lovely merino blanket. I know each month with be four shades of he same colour and the overall effect will be rainbow.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 28-Nov-14 11:02:18

I bought myself a set of spanners at aldi a bit ago that is to be my christmas present. I may buy a black and decker workmate. I will also probably need a new tool box. fblush ex has one half full tool box.. I may have ermm 5 of various sizes and for different things. (painting, carpentry tools, knee pads from when I insulated the loft, )

BippityBoppity Fri 28-Nov-14 12:27:31

I'm going to buy some Pip Studio crockery. Inspired by the collection thread, I've decided I'm going to spend some money each month on something just t make me smile

mrsallergy Fri 28-Nov-14 15:19:27

I normally get myself a chocolate orange but that's delivered by Rudolph on the 24th when the children are in the bath and then we have a snuggle up on the sofa and eat it before bed.

I don't normally get myself anything but ordered a chromecast cast from amazon yesterday as it was almost half price and I tend to watch things online these days.

LineRunner Fri 28-Nov-14 15:26:01

Yes, a chocolate orange sounds good.

And a turkey. Just for me. My kids hate it but I love it.

OccamsLadyshave Fri 28-Nov-14 15:27:59

New running shoes ready or my new year's resolution!

OccamsLadyshave Fri 28-Nov-14 15:28:16

*for

PtraciDjelibeybi Fri 28-Nov-14 15:29:59

A miniature single malt and a small box of marrons glace. Bliss... (just need the peace and quiet to enjoy them!) smile

fedupbutfine Fri 28-Nov-14 17:26:06

Oh I love Pip Studio bippity - I have two of their bedding sets, one as my present last Xmas and the other for my birthday this year!

I am thinking handbags for Xmas! Probably Radley sale...or if I can find something nice in TK Maxx, that will also do....would love an Orla Kiely if I can find one at a half decent price (unlikely...I keep looking!)

justjuanmorebeer Fri 28-Nov-14 18:33:49

mrsallergy Chromecast is amazing I love mine!

Today I bought myself a blazer and a dress from jaeger outlet so that's me done now. Totally overspent...ooops. Never mind, haven't had anything for ages

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Fri 28-Nov-14 21:14:00

I'm toying with buying a proper coffee machine. My caffetier just isn't cutting it anymore & I want nice coffee in the morning without the hanging about waiting for the right time to pour. Seen one for £40 in tesco. If I get some vouchers for xmas I might go a bit higher & splash out on a really fancy one smile

number1daddy Fri 28-Nov-14 23:34:57

I'm treating myself and my son to a holiday in spring.

mrsallergy Sat 29-Nov-14 18:13:06

As of today I've added a bar of toblerone to my chocolate orange and chromecast smile

mrsallergy Sat 29-Nov-14 18:14:25

That sounds lovely number1 - where are you going?

number1daddy Sat 29-Nov-14 18:49:20

Off on a cruise round the Caribbean to the med

paneer Sat 29-Nov-14 20:31:52

jealous of number1.

campingfilth Sat 29-Nov-14 22:44:11

I have a works party that is family friendly so I am treating DS and I to a night in a hotel with scrum my breakfast instead of getting a taxi home.

number1daddy Sat 29-Nov-14 23:13:21

got myself a bottle of bacardi too. am planning my itinerary of fun for our cruise. be posting for ideas soon

Holliewantstobehot Sat 29-Nov-14 23:18:43

Lonecat that sounds awesome - wouldn't mind that myself where do you order that?

paneer Thu 04-Dec-14 22:32:43

just got myself some moroccan slippers too.

minkymuskyslyoldstoaty Thu 04-Dec-14 22:38:17

dd has bought me a silver ring, a comic strip dvd and some other little bits.
via mum. (me )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now