Advanced search

ExDP keeping son to punish me

(4 Posts)
StrawberryDaiquiriPlease Thu 27-Nov-14 18:33:59

What would you do, if anything?

My son's father has text me having picked our son up asking if I have booked any flights to go away at Christmas.

I told him yes, I have booked flights (we've discussed Christmas before and he said he doesn't celebrate it) and my family don't live in England. Yes, I realise I should have checked the dates with him, but I don't trust him.

Then he text me to say our son says, that I said he is an arsehole. I said in response, of course I didn't say that. (I don't think I use that word, maybe I said it... :S)

Now he says he is having our son all this weekend and next week to punish me.

I had planned to take DS to the cinema on Saturday and to see father christmas. I can do this next weekend. I will go crazy not seeing him for a whole week though.

Now I'm taking our son away for a nice Christmas, but he is saying he will pick up DS from school and there is nothing I can do since I will be at work.

What would you do? I'm thinking I will just wait it out and see my DS next weekend, but maybe phone the school to ask someone if I can talk to DS on the phone since his Dad is blocking me? Or get someone there to tell him its ok. But I know when he comes back, all our routines will be messed up, DS will be confused, grumpy, upset. sad

What should I do? I've previously tried to seek help but I really don't know where to go for the help? Calling lawyers and asking for help with family law, doesn't seem to get me anywhere. I don't get responses to emails or phonecalls.

Starlightbright1 Thu 27-Nov-14 20:42:47

I think you can apply for emergency order to return your son. Can I suggest you post in legal.

Also Womens aid may be able to help you

STIDW Fri 28-Nov-14 00:17:46

HOw old is your son? If you have concerns about his immediate welfare you can ask the police or social services to check or apply to court as an emergency. The police and social services could then talk to your husband but really it is a matter for the family courts. On the other hand if your son will be alright for a few days it's worth trying to resolve the issue between yourselves.

As for the holiday if you have booked tickets and the father won't agree in writing to the holiday in the next day or so you can apply to the court for a Specific Issue Order to resolve the problem.

NeedsAsockamnesty Mon 01-Dec-14 19:29:58

Does your son normally live with you?

If so I would just not go to work and go and collect him from school. Then see what he does. If you have 50/50 or are the NRP I would go to court

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now