Talk

Advanced search

Ex moving back

(3 Posts)
AnneFlem Thu 27-Nov-14 11:17:03

I am a single parent, divorced 3 years back. My son lives with me and visits his father only during holidays. We stay at Toronto and he is working at British Columbia which is one of the main reasons for the court to make such a custody decision. But last day ex called me and said that he was shifting to BC. He said he wants to spend more time with DS and that is the reason of the move. Honestly I don’t want DS to spent more time with him because I know for reasons I cannot disclose that he is a bad influence on DS. Even DS isn’t very eager about his father moving. I spoke with my family lawyer(http://yfamilylaw.ca/) and she said that she will do whatever is needed to make sure that the decision stands. But this news has left me sad and depressed. DS should be going to his father during holidays but I am not sure if I should sent him. My entire Christmas is ruined because of this news.

cestlavielife Thu 27-Nov-14 15:47:54

this is mostly uk site so we wouldn't know about laws in Canada...

how old is your son?

if a bad influence, then that bad influence can happen over two hours as well as two days or two weeks...

you cant stop your ex moving to where ever he wants tho...and unless you have v good reason, if he does move closer then you could expect more regular contact...

cestlavielife Thu 27-Nov-14 15:48:20

ps letting this ruin your entire Christmas is a v bad idea - don't let it !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now