Talk

Advanced search

Ex's new partner

(5 Posts)
bumblebuzzz Thu 20-Nov-14 22:57:40

Been split from ex for just over a year now, he moved on very quickly much to my disgust, still grieve for him daily but I'm really struggling to come to terms with his GF being a part of my daughters life! I don't see why I should have to share my daughter when this isn't my decision?! I get upset weekly when I have to drop her off then she comes home saying she likes this new girl (which obviously kills inside) she's only 2...

STIDW Fri 21-Nov-14 07:51:09

I know it's very difficult particularly if the choice to separate wasn't yours, but children can benefit from having several adults in their lives. It's better for your daughter that she likes the girlfriend rather than being unhappy. No one will ever replace you.

HonestLie Fri 21-Nov-14 18:07:48

I agree. It's not going to be easy but you really need to put your feelings to one side on this one. She's not taking your place, you're her Mum. Nobody and nothing can take away the bond you have.

foslady Fri 21-Nov-14 19:23:02

It's not easy.

My dd cried that daddy was on his own and lonely (he wasn't, he was shacked up with her)

Dd said ow was nice. It hurt, but I told myself it was better than her going to a place where ow was either indifferent or downright hostile.

Time does ease things, I cried a lot initially. As time has gone on, I know as much as dd likes ow, she loves me. It's me that she confides in and wants to have at home with her. And that's what counts

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 21-Nov-14 22:50:12

I can understand how much it hurts that she likes the new GF, but as other have said you are her Mum nothing will eclipse this.
Having your DD hate the new GF ( in my case also ow) is awful. I have never said a bad word about her in front of DD, but DD has cried so many tears over her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now