Talk

Advanced search

Running to stay still

(5 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Thu 20-Nov-14 22:37:02

Anyone feel like it is just a massive set of compromises? Which is the least bad option?
I have very low input from Ex for variety of reasons including some child protection ones. I work full time running my own business employing more than a few people, of course when you are the boss and the s**t hits the fan you have to step up. In a 24/7 business that can be bad, 2 days off in the last 63 kind of bad.
Au pair handed in notice to be fair she gave a month, but no one wants to start before Christmas. Family are hundreds of miles away, I feel guilty asking friends. So the least bad option is to compromise myself.
Some asked me the other day if I had considered dating again, I laughed and said 'when would I fit that in'.
It is just so relentless and so often I am spiky Mummy as I am tired and stressed out.

triathlonmum Thu 20-Nov-14 22:55:46

Exactly the same here. Relentless is the best way to describe it.....

BlackeyedSusan Thu 20-Nov-14 23:37:10

you need to delegate work. you are going to be ill. <stern glare> who at work could be trusted with taking on some of your roles? It is entirely possible to keep going for a while like you are but everything will collapse if you do not look after yourself. (not dating, just taking som time off) you need to work out how to give yourself a break before you are so ill that you can not work for even longer.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 21-Nov-14 06:53:48

No one to delegate to national shortage of staff so no one to fill the gaps! I do have new staff starting on 27th December. It's a clinical role so only those with correct qualification can do it.
Damn home office for removing profession from visa list means no south hemisphere staff coming in. Locum agencies describe it as a car crash.

Lushlush Sun 23-Nov-14 19:43:41

sitters.co.uk has childcare options for daytimes although I have never used it - it looks quite well run. Why not try them for an emergency phase?

HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now