Talk

Advanced search

daddy stigma

(21 Posts)
number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 15:43:40

so here's my problem. As I am a daddy, the majority on mumsnet think only one thing straight away. what do you think is said. I'm curious to know preconditioned judgements Mums have overall when it's based on nothing

NickiFury Thu 20-Nov-14 15:44:32

Eh?

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 15:49:49

I mean why do Mums automatically have a go at me when in fact they know nothing about the situation

NickiFury Thu 20-Nov-14 15:52:58

Well you've said nothing about your situation in your OP, so how is it possible for anyone to give you an informed answer?

BippityBoppity Thu 20-Nov-14 15:54:43

Who has a go at you? About what?

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 15:57:22

but that's what I'm getting at. I posted a reply to a post earlier and the assumption was I was a nrp and got mums swearing at me... lovely welcome to mumsnet indeed

NickiFury Thu 20-Nov-14 16:00:43

Well what did you say? People don't tend to swear for no reason and it's rather disingenuous to start moaning about being picked on because you're a man (daddy) without giving details of what was actually said.

Waltermittythesequel Thu 20-Nov-14 16:06:02

I mean why do Mums automatically have a go at me when in fact they know nothing about the situation

So, every mum you've ever encountered has had a go at you for no reason?

CantBeBotheredThinking Thu 20-Nov-14 16:07:06

the reason people reacted the way they did on the other thread is because you said that you thought that a maintenance amount of £5 a week was generous.

BippityBoppity Thu 20-Nov-14 16:09:39

I've just had a look & the post you're talking about was a bit unclear - it seemed as if you were laughing about only paying £5 a week for your child, not that you were receiving it.

NickiFury Thu 20-Nov-14 16:13:05

Where's that thread please?

Waltermittythesequel Thu 20-Nov-14 16:24:36

This?

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 16:29:01

Granted it was a bit unclear but purposely so in a way. just amazed me how quickly some can turn nasty. I was laughing at the fact my sons mum pays so little. I would not come on a parent site and gloat about how £10 is a good amount. it's a joke amount in all honesty

NickiFury Thu 20-Nov-14 16:31:52

Thanks Walter.

I've read your input on that thread OP. Cry me a river. You should have explained your situation, you wanted people to kick off and when they did you gave it the big Boo Hoo. Why didn't you address it on THAT thread instead of starting a new one?

Waltermittythesequel Thu 20-Nov-14 16:32:13

So you were purposely unclear? Why?

Why go onto a thread about low maintenance payments, imply you are a low paying NRP then start a 'poor me' thread about it?

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 16:35:13

I never implied anything. it's what was made of it. clearly I said about going to the csa as a resident parents does. nrp don't usually do that

Waltermittythesequel Thu 20-Nov-14 16:42:27

No, you didn't say you went to the CSA. You said you used the CSA.

You've also just said "Granted it was a bit unclear but purposely so in a way" so you're admitting that you were purposely unclear in your post. Why?

Coffeeinapapercup Thu 20-Nov-14 16:50:25

There was a misunderstanding thar upset a couple of people, before you clarified then you were sympathised with. I was expecting a blood bath and found I minor stratch that had scabbed over

Starlightbright1 Thu 20-Nov-14 18:26:27

Well as one of the people who did comment on the thread. I am yet to come across and RP who think £10 a fortnight is generous. Many NRP who do think it is fine not to support their kids so my judgement wasn't based just on your gender but on the fact you thought £10 a fortnight was generous.

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 18:52:00

I said hehe after the comment as in its pathetic. oh well as she's never paid real maintenance we don't miss what we never had

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 19:33:00

my apologies to everyone. I'll post my full story soon as to avoid any misunderstandings next time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now