Advanced search

Tuition and drama classes can I use tax credits child care for this?

(4 Posts)
polealltheway Fri 14-Nov-14 09:54:16

I recently was given information on tutoring that I can use child are vouchers or tax credits for as they are ofstead registered.

I was wondering can you do the same for perform or any other type of dance/drama school?

I am a single parent and I can't afford to send my daughter to all of the things I would like to but if childcare vouchers or childcare element can help towards the cost then it would make it easier.

Any tips very welcome grin

cestlavielife Fri 14-Nov-14 10:01:47

ask the organizers they might be able to help.

SezaMcGregor Fri 14-Nov-14 10:13:23

My answer is yes.

They charge fees, they're Ofsted registered... Just bear in mind that the tax credits payments will average the costs out over the whole year and so if you have to pay termly, you'll need to budget to accommodate this.

SezaMcGregor Fri 14-Nov-14 10:15:28

Re TC vs CCV

CCV were not advantageous to me on my £12,500 salary - they're only useful if you earn a lot of money and pay a lot of tax to be able to use that tax as childcare fund. I found that I'd get more money back by going through Tax Credits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now