Talk

Advanced search

(2 Posts)
number1daddy Fri 07-Nov-14 02:18:35

Hi all.

I'm new tonight to mumsnet. I'm a single daddy 24/7 and my sons mum isn't allowed to see him due to being granted a court order indefinitely back in June 2011. My son's started asking about his Mum last few weeks for the very first time. she is a total stranger to my son. he is five and a half and the last time she saw him he was nearly four years ago. How do you Mummies and Daddies cope. I find myself in thus rare position for a dad and not many to talk to at all about it all. I'll be posting more over the coming days as well to bore you all hehe

cestlavielife Fri 07-Nov-14 09:33:55

given there must be strong reason for no contact I would ask gp to refer your son for play therapy/art therapy/family therapy so the issue can be talked about with professionals and you get some good advice on how to handle it.

no contact with a live parent is akin to bereavement for the child so he/you might benefit from some professional help in dealing with this as he grows up and asks. so working on knowing he has a bio mum, and who she is, and also a way to explain why he cant see her.

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now