Advanced search

Being evicted from family home next week.... Heart broken

(8 Posts)
noorqt Tue 04-Nov-14 11:35:34

Husband left me and 2dd in April for another woman, hadn't been paying the mortgage that was already on interest only and declined paying after he left. I hadn't been working since redundancy when 2dd was born 4 years ago. House is in he's name and he knows about eviction and has failed to do anything about it... He's abroad with he's new partner. I've sent him all documents via email but he still has no interest as to where I will go with our daughters. The house has been my daughters home all their life and my home for the past 9years. Dd's are heartbroken as am I.... How can he just sit back and not pay a penny towards he's own kids and not care.

Vitalstatistix Tue 04-Nov-14 11:39:17

Because he's a wanker.

Do you have somewhere to go to?

Crappy as it is, you have to focus on the practical things and not allow yourself to get lost in trying to figure out why someone could ever do such a horrible thing to his children.

He's gone off and left you with the shitty end of the stick. Don't waste your mental energy trying to understand him. You know all you need to know. He is a grade A bastard.

wannabestressfree Tue 04-Nov-14 11:41:53

Go to the council with all your documentation. Don't send the prick anything else he doesn't care. Contact shelter. Get angry. This is your home and you need to find another.
You will be ok but you need to fight! So angry for you x

cestlavielife Tue 04-Nov-14 13:35:26

did you speak to a solicitor already? if you married it is joint asset..??
will there be any equity left if is sold? how much? a lot or none or a little? solicitor should get that paid to you or held in an account for you pending divorce settlement? enough to pay your rent for six months and a deposit?
did you speak to the mortgage company and explain the situation and offer to pay the mortgage?
is it too late now or can you speak to them/the court?
.did you try and get the mortgage interest paid by housing benefit (its called something else but you can claim as a benefit) . can you work now your daughter will be at school? have you looked at what is available to rent locally with housing benefit?

speak to shelter - it might not be too late to stem the eviction and work out how you can get the interest paid for a while.

carlsonrichards Tue 04-Nov-14 13:38:48

Have you not seen a solicitor?

cestlavielife Tue 04-Nov-14 14:36:20

what has been happening since April - surely you have spoken o mortgage company and solicitor before now? as wife you have rights to the house (and also to make sure mortgage was paid.)

cestlavielife Tue 04-Nov-14 14:53:32

but definitely speak to solicitor and shelter and get proper advice.

DaisyFlowerChain Sat 08-Nov-14 12:40:38

So what have you done since April? If the house meant so much to you surely you would have taken any job to meet the mortgage payments. What did you think would happen if you paid nothing or didn't work? Yes the ex should provide child support but you also have to take responsibility.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: