Talk

Advanced search

What time do you go to bed and get up?

(13 Posts)
ElliotLovesGrub Wed 22-Oct-14 18:36:58

I was just wondering really what time we all tend to go to bed and get up the next day? I've been staying up quite late to get a bit of me time to watch a film or read a book but I feel guilty now because I've been tired the next day.

How do you squeeze in your time alone?

Lushlush Thu 23-Oct-14 07:09:10

It depends how tired I am. I really like going to bed early so it is either 9 or 10 pm and then I wake up any time from 5 or 6 am onwards it is the same weekends so I have time alone before ds wakes up c 730/8 am.

StopStalkingMe Thu 23-Oct-14 07:42:08

I'm in bed by 9:30 and wake up at 5:45 to get a shower in before kids get up.

Kids go to bed at 7 latest, so get my time then. As they get older and stay up later, 'my' time will shrink. sad

gliderdog Thu 23-Oct-14 09:56:05

That's not necessarily true Stop. I have a teenage DS, he goes to bed around 10pm so I don't have time when there's just me, but he's glued to his laptop/games console most evenings so I'm free to do what I want (and doesn't need childcare so I can get out to gym etc). They might not go to bed as early but they will be more able to fend for themselves.

I've always been a night owl so tend to go to bed about 12-1am (sometimes even later). I'd get up at 8am for the school run when DCs were younger but sometimes nap during the day. These days I get up even later as DCs sort themselves out for school.

starlight1234 Fri 24-Oct-14 09:02:38

I usually go between 10 and 11.. I need to get up between6.50 and 7.10 depening on what time I start work. Weekends I do get to lie and and DS will read books in bed till I wake up.

Thebluedog Sat 25-Oct-14 19:40:54

My youngest DD will always wake, without a doubt, between 5 & 5.30, so unless I go to bed around 9.30 I'm wrecked the next day. My ex never has the kids overnight so I never get a break.

I had a few nights this week where I didn't go to bed until 11 and one night I just didn't sleep. So last night I was so tired, I went to bed at 7.30 smile

Meglet Tue 28-Oct-14 13:47:50

I go to sleep around 11:45, alarm is set for 6:20. At the moment I'm waking between 3-4am sad.

6yo DD takes ages to settle in the evening, any time from 8:30 - 10pm so I can't relax until she's asleep.

I work but have decided not to push any harder at work because my brain struggles with the lack of sleep. I sleep better if I've had a run or a hard gym class, but I can't do that at the weekends.

Meglet Tue 28-Oct-14 13:51:47

I don't drive to work by the way. My sleep deprived work and school run is safely on foot smile. I left a previous job with a motorway commute partly because I don't think I was safe to drive if the kids had me up in the night. and my boss was a lazy bitch

Stabbystabbystabbyface Fri 31-Oct-14 21:19:50

I go to bed around 12-1am then DS wakes me up at 5am every.single.day.

It sucks but the evening is the only time I have to do anything, such as put away mountains of clothes, wash up, have a bath, read a book or watch tv. DS d has no contact so I never get a lie in <sob> it's the only thing I miss!

I'm constantly tired but it's not so bad if I'm out and about doing stuff with DS rather than being stuck in.

NAR4 Thu 06-Nov-14 23:19:06

I go to bed anytime between 10.30-12 depending if I have unwound enough to sleep. I can't go to bed before 10.30 as I work evenings. Alarm clock goes off at 6 but I'm lucky if dcs aren't awake before then. I also average about 5 night feeds and ex doesn't have dc overnight (due to breastfeeding). Never got a lie in before splitting with dh anyway, so nochange for me. I also have a teenager who rarely goes to bed before me, but I like the company.

number1daddy Fri 07-Nov-14 09:49:59

I need to go to bed earlier but habits are hard to shake being a single parent for some reason. get up about 7.30. my five year old likes his sleep and always has

HereBeHubbubs Fri 07-Nov-14 10:16:33

Go to bed between 1-3am on school nights, up at 8am

Between 2-4am at weekends. Up about 11am as the kids play in their rooms happily at the weekends, although not strictly a lie in as they still make too much racket to properly sleep through.

I've always been a night owl. When I used to do a 7am-3pm shift for 6 years, I still used to go to bed about 1am yet had to be up at 5am.

Sleep when you're dead and all that.

HereBeHubbubs Fri 07-Nov-14 10:18:21

Needless to say, I coped well with the newborn stage of waking every 3 hours through the night as I was up anyway grin but then the gods in their wisdom granted me a second newborn who literally slept through the night up until 9 months shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now